Radeon "Devil Monster"?

bdaley

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I've seen Radeon "Devil Monster" and "Devil Monster II" cards online. Does anyone know what these are? Is it a different/modified/OCed chipset? Or just a marketing ploy to sound cool?

Thanks.

"There's no such thing as gravity, the Earth just sucks"

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well you do know that 3rd party manufacturers are now making ATi boards? So it is probably one of these new companies and is most certainly a marketing ploy (when is a product name not aimed at making it sound cool?).

The holder of <i>this</i> pass is <b>exempt</b> from all forms of <font color=red>flaming</font color=red>.

bdaley

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yeah, I know about the third party manufacturers. But there was no indication on the sites of who made the cards if not ATI, so I was wondering if anyone knew.

From a marketing point of view, "Devil Monster" does sound pretty cool, LOL.

G

I believe that you're confusing this with "Radon Gas". Yes, Radon gas has been called a "devil" and a "monster" and..../SLAP

DOH! This is a video card? Sorry, I've never heard of it. It would rock if it's true.

Ron

Arbee

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001
It is a Joytech Card - more or less standard ATi solution. If anything similar to the company OEM solutions is quite on the less side of technological quality - Check my "problem with a 8500" thread. In a couple of words, lets just say that their OEM card didn´t work at stock speed (a measly 250/250) - had to downclock it.

But their boxed products might be better.

How terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise

bdaley

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Joytech? Never heard of them.

If I'm going to get a Radeon made by someone other than ATI, I think I'd want a major manufacturer.

I got burned on a Geforce card made by PowerColor. It was a piece of crap.

eden

Champion
ATI's current OEM sellers are a bit unknown and seem not too trustable. Other than Asus, Gigabyte and Hercules, I wouldn't buy any other ATI brands except from ATI itself.
Nvidia's solutions are much more known and respected, like MSI, VisionTek, Asus again.

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!

Arbee

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001
I wish I hadn't....
www.joytech.com

Powercolor also makes 8500 cards. Major manufacturers making Radeon 8500 there is Hercules.

How terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise

G

it seems like you people got figured out, except i think the joytech devil moster might run at ~250/230 :mad: stock speed. its all a shameless sales gimmick, they even put those cool ram sinks and fan on the 4.0 ns ram and underclocked gpu.

head on over to www.hardocp.com for a review of a joytech 8500 LE, compared to a official ATI 8500 LE.