Kanaz

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
To be more specific...Do differnce brands have difference influences on performence, longevity, or anything else of the Video Card?

-<font color=green>"<i>Tis not a <b>man</b>, tis a <b>monster</b>!</i>"</font color=green>

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Some brands tend to get a bit more out of their cards, and some have better cooling solutions.

Gainward and Asus are probably the two best manufactures, after that, pretty much everyone is even. Leadtech has a good cooling solution for their cards, I do know that.

Bad trolls Bad trolls... Whacha gonna do... Whacha gonna do when they post here too...

l3um

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2002
What do you think about Visiontek and PNY overall? OR does Gainward, Asus, and Leadtek better? And among the 3 just mentioned, what would you recommend as a good brand overall for GF4? Sorry for all the questions, but opinion is appreciated.

What's this?...ERROR ERROR ERROR...*CRASH & BURN*

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Never had an Asus....but i know the VisionTek Cards are good... own a GeForce 3 ti500 by VisionTEK....performs amazing!!

Measure Twice, Cut Once!!

bdaley

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I've used several PNY cards, they are very good and come with a lifetime warranty (of course, what is the "lifetime" of a PC component anyway).

I think as long as you go with a major manufacturer, you'll be fine. If you go with an unknown or no-name, you're taking your chances.

"There's no such thing as gravity, the Earth just sucks"

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
performance doesnt vary very much between the different brands...the only thing thats different is what the card comes w/ (ie software, games, etc)...
pny usually makes the cheapest cards (pricewise of course)...and asus is one of the expensive ones because of all the extras...

<b><font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s drivers are like a broken faucet, they both keep on leaking...</b> :cool:

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Gainward and Asus tend to be extra overclockable (Gainward a bit more, Asus tends to have lots of extras though)

The Leadtek fan is very nice, and would lead to a longer lifespan likely, and probably better OCing.

Haven't seen the Visiontek or PNY, but their cards are usually pretty standard.

All in all, you probably can't go wrong.

Note: This is all general knowledge on my part, I've not actualy owned any of these brands. I am going by what I have researched on makers, as well as what I have heard on the boards here regarding previous models.

Trollin' trollin' trollin', keep them doggies postin', my fingers are swollen, Rawhide!

Kanaz

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
No one mentioned Abit, are they in the running of good cards?

-<font color=green>"<i>Tis not a <b>man</b>, tis a <b>monster</b>!</i>"</font color=green>

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
i dont see why not...my friend has an abit gf2 card and it works fine...
but what i do like abou the card is its name...abit siluro t200...i like the siluro part :smile:

<b><font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s drivers are like a broken faucet, they both keep on leaking...</b> :cool:

Kanaz

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
Well, I know this is purely aesthetic, but I like how it is blue,a nd so is my Motherboard.