Scanner not showing in My Computer

September 12, 2005 5:48:03 PM

I have installed a canon scanner to my computer, and it shows in the Control
Panel/Scanner & Camera, and tests OK there. The Device Manager shows it as
operating correctly. However, it is not found by the likes of ScanButton,
nor does it display on My Computer, and that is where I want it to be, and
scan from there.
How can I get it to show in My Computer.
Windows XP Pro SP2
Thanks
September 13, 2005 3:14:45 AM

Assuming you installed the Cannon software use that, and/or the Btns that
are on the front of the scanner.
Unless you install the software supplied on cd with the scanner you are not
going to get full fiunctionality.
Its not supposed to be visible in My Computer, nor will it be.

You did read the installation manual did'nt you??

!