Backing up XP SP2 using XP back up wizard

I have never backed up my info. before. I have win. XP sp2 768ram , Dell
deminsion 2400 with floppy and double cd burner.Using back up in system
tools. When i get to "Back up type, Destination, name Area it says "choose a
place to save back up" I have two options. 3 1/2 floppy or E:\ (don't know
what E:\ is) Under "Type a name for back up" I type "back up" This won't
work. Do I need to put "C:\backup" or what. Also I want to save back up to
disk. Can I do this. Is CD_RW disk ok. I think I am lost. Can some one help
please. I am new at this.
--
skyliner
2 answers Last reply

    Skyliner, if you are running XP-HOME edition you do not have the NT Backup
    utility installed automatically at teh original install of your operating
    system. Follow this link for more info:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320820

    "skyliner" <skyliner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have never backed up my info. before. I have win. XP sp2 768ram , Dell
    > deminsion 2400 with floppy and double cd burner.Using back up in system
    > tools. When i get to "Back up type, Destination, name Area it says "choose
    > place to save back up" I have two options. 3 1/2 floppy or E:\ (don't know
    > what E:\ is)
    Can't you see the E drive in My Computer?
    >Under "Type a name for back up" I type "back up" This won't
    > work. Do I need to put "C:\backup" or what
    Browse for a folder. Enter the file name of your choice, but leave the disk
    name out..
    >Also I want to save back up to
    > disk. Can I do this.
    Yes
    >Is CD_RW disk ok.
    No. Your choice are : Floppy disk, File on hard drive, Tape drive.
    If you want the backup on a CD or DVD, you must buy EasyCD Creator or Nero.
    >I think I am lost. Can some one help
    > please. I am new at this.
    > --
    > skyliner