Any way to force a restore?

I'm now working on two computer crashes, having lost two hard drives. I'm
trying to do a system restore on one PC, but every checkpoint I choose, it
tells me it can't restore to that date/point. Is there anyway to do a
forced restore? Where do I look for the files to see what is available?
Unfortunately, I "backed up" this drive to a hard drive that is totally
fried, so I need to restore if at all possible. Thanks,

--
Jamie
The best things in life are not things.

Hi,

It sounds like something has corrupted the restore. Once this corruption occurs the
restore points become useless and will have to be purged by turning System Restore off and
back on again.

How to Disable and Enable System Restore
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/disablesr.html

System Restore holds it's restore points in the C:\System Volume Information folder. If
you are looking for particular files there's a slim change they can be found in this
folder.

How to access the System Volume Information folder:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/tips.html#SRFileLocation

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User