JimD

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2003

I run Windows XP Home SP2 and enjoy listening to internet radio for
hours at a time while doing non-computer activities. On several random
occasions lately, the audio stream has stopped and I discover my desktop
has locked up...with no response from keyboard or mouse. (This has also
happened without an audio stream running.) No error messages. After a
reset, I've checked the event log and Dr. Watson (drwtsn32.log) but can
find no entry, including date/time, related to the freeze. My system
runs cool, regularly showing 34C and 35C for board and CPU temps, with
all fans at appropriate speeds. My firewall, antivirus and antispyware
apps are regularly updated. I haven't installed new hardware or apps in
weeks. What other tools are available to troubleshoot this kind of freeze?

Jim, mine used to do the same, the event log gave error on my Logitech
keyboard helper file.
I removed Logitech updated drivers and installed original ones and now it is
stable and no errors in event log.
Hope this helps.
Reima