G4MX-440 or G3Ti-200?

conquistadorst

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Very simple question, Im on a budget for a gpu that's less than $200 (the lower the better bthw)

Should I get...

EVGA Geforce4 MX440 64MB AGP With TV Output Retail Box $104.00

PNY Verto Geforce4 MX-440 64MB DDR AGP Retail Box $134.00

PNY Verto GeForce3 Ti 200 AGP- Retail Package Model # VCGF3TI2PB $127.00

They're all within the same price range, I've seen benchmarks on both cards, still ont sure which one to get, help or advice anyone?

eden

Champion
Well if you want no future game feature support, get the MX440, if you want similar performance, but with full DirectX 8.1 support and ready to withstand future titles, get the Ti200 and overclock it to Ti500 levels, saving money.
Or, you can get a Radeon 8500, which has currently outstanding prices and very nice performance, a little above the Ti500, at or below Ti200 prices. Just be sure to get the LATEST drivers ASAP, because its first ones were extremly buggy and low performing.

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!

conquistadorst

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yeah that's what ive been hearing, one would think the next gen gpu would take advantage of current software.... bunch of lamers... alright ill probably go with the G3Ti-200... about the Radeon, doesnt that card have a lot of campatibility problems? with a lot of diff games? im kinda afraid to stray from the mainstream, how much would u recommend it? im building a system for a friend and if anything at all is wrong with it, all hell will break loose on me.

Thanks in advance.

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
From what I hear the ATi drivers have improved greatly and mainstream, well I dunno ATi's attracting a lot of people now and their cards are cheap and well performing. ATi is a good company and they won't let us comsumers down with comtinually bad drivers (That's how you go out of business) Especially some of the leaked drivers. They really go a long way to correct the bugs and stuff. I'd really recommend a R8500, but when the crap hits the fan don't come running after me! If you don't want to risk it (there really isn't that much risk, I think that these risks have been greatly inflated by people like me who own ATi cards and were a little dissapointed, although I have a RadeonAIW, which explains a lot) go for the Ti200.

G

IMHO Radeon is mainstream....

:) If i had a cray... could i ray trace Quake III in realtime?!!!! j/k :)

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
if you had to get a geforce card...i would suggest you get the gf3 ti200...because the gf4 mx is a piece of crap (in my opinion of course)...if you're going to get a gf4 card, you shouldnt really get anything less than the gf4 ti4200...
as for the R8500...its a really good card for a very good price...

<b><font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s drivers are like a broken faucet, they both keep on leaking...</b> :cool: