Will Hp upgrade window vista with windows 7 free of cost

kishore_giri123

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Will Hp upgrade window vista with windows 7 free of cost? I have window vista for my laptop or otherwise what shall be the cost of new window vista.

Solution
Unless you purchased your laptop in the last couple of months and have an upgrade voucher then no, you will have to buy it.

"I have window vista for my laptop or otherwise what shall be the cost of new window vista"
Why would you want a new Vista when you already have it?
If you want to upgrade to Windows 7, there is no need to buy Vista, just buy the W7 upgrade in about 5 weeks time.
As to the cost, it depends where you are, just Google W7 price in your area or online store. In the US W7 Home Premium should be about $120.

Jonmor68

Distinguished
Unless you purchased your laptop in the last couple of months and have an upgrade voucher then no, you will have to buy it.

"I have window vista for my laptop or otherwise what shall be the cost of new window vista"
Why would you want a new Vista when you already have it?
If you want to upgrade to Windows 7, there is no need to buy Vista, just buy the W7 upgrade in about 5 weeks time.
As to the cost, it depends where you are, just Google W7 price in your area or online store. In the US W7 Home Premium should be about $120.

Solution