Fault bucket

During surfing on the internet, my computer stopped functioning. In the
event viewer (application) is an error shown "fault bucket 131713841"
A search on Google has not produced any usable tips.
Is this a HW or a SW problem and how do I correct this?
1 answer Last reply
More about fault bucket

    Peter

    Please post a copy of the error report.

    Make an exact note of the precise text of any error message. Minor
    discrepancies can
    make it harder to search for information about the error message.

    You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools,
    Event Viewer.
    When researching the meaning of the error, information regarding Event
    ID, Source
    and Description are important.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp

    Part of the Description of the error will include a link, which you
    should double click
    for further information and you can copy using copy and paste.
    http://go.microsoft.com/fw.link/events.asp
    (Please note the hyperlink above is for illustration purposes only)

    A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
    click on the
    error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button
    resembling two
    pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your
    message
    (email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the
    info from the
    Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make
    sure this is
    the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Peter" <peter@planet.nl> wrote in message
    > During surfing on the internet, my computer stopped functioning. In
    > the event viewer (application) is an error shown "fault bucket
    > 131713841"
    > A search on Google has not produced any usable tips.
    > Is this a HW or a SW problem and how do I correct this?

Windows XP