I have had dual monitors for several months now. I can move programs
from left to right screens & visa versa without problems. I can make
programs fill both screens with one exception. If I were to run video
or live TV on the PC & then try to expand the picture size so as to use
up both screens the following happens. The picture expands from the
left screen only & as I increase the windows size until it expands onto
the right screen. But the only thing displaying on the right screen
will be a black box equal in size to what the video window should be
displaying. If I continue to drag the picture to the right the picture
dissapears from the left screen entirely but it's now 100% on the right
hand screen. Is this normal, that you can't have the video running on
both screens?

Thanks in advance

I can confirm that my experience is similar to yours, and the only
piece of information I can add is that it seems to me that
video-related functions appear to somehow "lock" some monitor settings.
I have previously posted some (unanswered) questions that included
comments to this effect.

That's the way it works. Has something to do with "hardware overlay" and the
way the screen is being accessed/used.

There are a couple of "viewers" out there that use software rather than
"hardware overlay" to display the video. They can be stretched across both
displays. Downside is, it can be choppy viewed this way.