Cannot delete Quicktime

In order to properly re-install my new iPod software I need to delete my
existing Quicktime program - however when I try to do so I get an error
message "The following file does not exist or is not a valid uninstallation
log file C:\Windows\system32\Quicktime\Uninstall.log" I also understand
that my Microsoft Anti-Spyware software may have deleted or corrupted such
software. Can anyone advise me as to how I might delete Quicktime as using
the Add/Remove utility in the Control Panel doesn't work, nor I have been
able to install a new version of Quictime that would have a valid uninstall
log.
--
Jessica
1 answer Last reply

    Quicktime has its own builtin uninstall app. Go to:
    Start>All Programs>Quicktime>Uninstall Quicktime.
    Do not use Add or Remove programs under the Control Panel.
    You'll probably need to edit the Registry before you can reinstall it.

    --
    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    "Jessica from New York" wrote:

    > In order to properly re-install my new iPod software I need to delete my
    > existing Quicktime program - however when I try to do so I get an error
    > message "The following file does not exist or is not a valid uninstallation
    > log file C:\Windows\system32\Quicktime\Uninstall.log" I also understand
    > that my Microsoft Anti-Spyware software may have deleted or corrupted such
    > software. Can anyone advise me as to how I might delete Quicktime as using
    > the Add/Remove utility in the Control Panel doesn't work, nor I have been
    > able to install a new version of Quictime that would have a valid uninstall
    > log.
    > --
    > Jessica

Quicktime Software Windows XP