Kapow! ATI Radeon 5870 Card Has 2 GB, 10 Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDnoob

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
I don't get it. It has 10 ports... but only 6 visible ones????????? Or do you mean you have two cards, one w/ 6 DisplayPorts and another card in Xfire w/ the standard DVI, HDMI, and w/e that other port is. This was not a very well defined article, I'm confused.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
this was unclear to me.....are there 10 ports on a single PCB with 2 GB ram? The 2 pictures above show a single board with only 6 display ports and the other just looks like 2 5870's sitting on top of eachother...one eyefinity edition, one regular

tweakbz

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Working on a multiscreen app, playing a game, watching a movie, watching 3 different games, and perhaps having a few pictures to look at.

:D

Both pictures are of 5870's - there's only one GPU on the bottom picture, and the top picture is clearly two cards.

This is pretty sweet if you have $5000 for displays. But, with a memory clock of 48000 MHz...geez. lol.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
"come on down ladies and gentelmen and see our new 10 port graphics card! thats right, you heard correctly, thats 6 ports! 6 PORTS! thats 5 times as many as the standard 4 port card! so if your in the market for a gfx cards and 9 ports just isn't enough, this 6 port monster is for you!! the addition of 2GB of memory means memory speed has been reduced slightly to 48Ghz but don't let that stop you from enjoying up to 10 monitors connected to this 6 port card!!"

AMDnoob

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
[citation][nom]tweakbz[/nom]Working on a multiscreen app, playing a game, watching a movie, watching 3 different games, and perhaps having a few pictures to look at.[/citation]

if only humans were designed for that multi-tasking, lol. I don't even know how id use so many screens. well i guess some ppl need the real estate, but that's ALOT of screen.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
Hi Kevin I just wanted to give you some helpful advice.

I’ve always struggled with spelling and grammar when I was at school but as I went through college I learned how to overcome those silly little spelling mistakes by simply saving my work and coming back to it latter on with a ‘fresh set eyes’. Also I find reading a block of text out aloud to myself helps me identify where there were potential mistakes. It’s a shame I don’t always practice what I just preached.

------------------------------

I don’t know what’s it like in North America at the moment but over here in the UK stores have been adding £40 premiums on top of the AMD’s original RRP of £299 so I dread to think how much a 2gb card is going to cost.

[citation][nom]tweakbz[/nom]Working on a multiscreen app, playing a game, watching a movie, watching 3 different games, and perhaps having a few pictures to look at.[/citation]
Forget about playing games on 6 LCDs until they get rid of those AWFUL bezels of the LCD killing the view.

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
48ghz? thats one hell of a jump XD....hope its cheap enough for me too afford XD.....But I would love to just be able too afford this and six screens so I could do a better wrap-around setup :)

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Forget about playing games on 6 LCDs until they get rid of those AWFUL bezels of the LCD killing the view.[/citation]

Don't be lazy! DIY!

FSXFan

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
It's nice to see a real dual slot design with the extra slot dedicated entirely to ventilation. I really didn't like the reference design with only half a slot vented.

I would rather see one made with four HDMI's instead since I don't think most people will be running 6 monitors anyway and I've only seen one (very overpriced) DisplayPort monitor so far. I'm not really sold on the DislpayPort tech yet anyway, seems kinda pointless when HDMI works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.