a lot of iexplore services listed

Hi,

I am getting a list of about ten or twelve iexplore.exe services listed,
even when no browsers are opened. I ran Spybot and Adaware but didn;t turn
up anything. I use AVG for antivirus, but do not see any problems.

Ideas???

"elec" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am getting a list of about ten or twelve iexplore.exe services listed,
> even when no browsers are opened. I ran Spybot and Adaware but didn;t turn
> up anything. I use AVG for antivirus, but do not see any problems.
>
> Ideas???

I have an virus scanner, but it doesn't always find/delete them. I'm not
sure what else you can do besides do a registry scan with registry mechanic
or something similiar or you can try this free online virus scanner/remover
at: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp The scan takes
about 30-45 minutes but it catches everything. Not sure if they will fix your
problem, but something may help

In article <31512D03-112E-4B9F-881B-5A0DB00AC4B3@microsoft.com>,
elec@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Hi,
>
> I am getting a list of about ten or twelve iexplore.exe services listed,
> even when no browsers are opened. I ran Spybot and Adaware but didn;t turn
> up anything. I use AVG for antivirus, but do not see any problems.
>
> Ideas???

If you haven't tried it you might try rebooting in Safe Mode and run
them again. I did this last nigh and got three new nasties hiding in the
woods someplace.

Drum-