If you order the MS Works Suite, when you order/purchase your Dell, they will install the Works Suite on your PC/Laptop. They will also send you the CD's for Wks Suite in a box set, for reinstallation in the future. This was done for my Dim4600 & Insp1100.

--

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

"William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message news:wReBe.96576$du.51747@bignews1.bellsouth.net...
Does anyone recall getting the above preinstalled on their 8400 from a year
ago?

Thanks
Bill

william

I didnt order it and was wondering if it was one of the default apps sold
with the system like WordPerfect prod.pack. I just cant remember.

Thanks
Bill

>I didnt order it and was wondering if it was one of the default apps sold
>with the system like WordPerfect prod.pack. I just cant remember.
>
> Thanks
> Bill

Bill -

It's an add-on to my knowledge on the Dim8400 (and most all recent
Dimensions). WordPerfect being the default low-ball bundle install. That
said, perhaps the bundle was automatically selected or part of a freebie
promotion with the unit - meaning a no charge upgrade.

That is entirely possible.

Stew

"William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone recall getting the above preinstalled on their 8400 from a
> year ago?
>
> Thanks
> Bill

Yes, it's been bundled with most Dimensions in the UK for a while
now...............you get the original CD as well with what appears to be
COA on the back of the CD sleeve with the Big Brother type wording "Dell
tracking id xxxxxxxxxx".

Whether you need this code when you reinstall Works I have no idea.

william

"Anton Gusev" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

> "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone recall getting the above preinstalled on their 8400 from a
>> year ago?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Bill
>>

> Yes, it's been bundled with most Dimensions in the UK for a while
> now...............you get the original CD as well with what appears to be
> COA on the back of the CD sleeve with the Big Brother type wording "Dell
> tracking id xxxxxxxxxx".
>
> Whether you need this code when you reinstall Works I have no idea.

Thanks for the replies. Problem is I cant find the original CDs. Will have
to call Dell
Bill

William,
If you did not order MSWorks Suite from Dell, and it is not on your Packing Slip when you purchased your PC. I don't think Dell will send you replacement CD's. Also, I believe Dell will not send you replacement CD's after 30 to 90 days from the order/configuration date of PC.

If you purchased your PC from third party vendors, such as an Ebay vendor or retail seller, then you need to check with them for replacements.

--

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

"Anton Gusev" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in news:hWlBe.151374
$Vj3.92845@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

> Yes, it's been bundled with most Dimensions in the UK for a while
> now.

Microsoft Works is bundled, not Works Suite.

David

As you probably know now you need to inventory ANY purchase
to make sure everything is there (right away). Dell is not going to
send the software after 2 years (no company would).
ALSO...the version of MS works you had is not made anymore.
You may want to try a free open source office software like
Openoffice that may meet your needs.
Best wishes.
Dave

I ordered the MS works suite with my new Dell two years ago, which they
installed but they didnt send the CD's.
Now , I need to resinstall XP and works and Dell tells me they will not
supply works suite software. when I originally received the Puter from Dell
with no cd's i inquired and they told me that the software was installed by
them and that CD's were not avaialble.
Been like pulling teeth to get the XP cd's and now they refuse to supply the
other software.
Bad expereince wilth Dell.... i would not recommend to anyone to deal with
this company, alos, it is very diffiicult to get anyone on the phone there.
Does anyone know of someone at Dell that I can talk to that will act
responsiblly?

Tom