Reinstall Windows XP I only have the upgrade discs!

Moving far away and planning on transferring my pc to my nieces. I want to
delete everything from it. Would like to format the hard drive and start
anew for them but I don't have any discs. The machine came with Windows 2000
on it and I upgraded to XP using just the upgrade disc.

Thank you folks!

If you do not have one of the qualifying Microsoft Windows CDs
(95,98,ME or 2000), you are out of luck. You'll need to purchase
a "Full Version" of Windows XP.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"jagapat" wrote:

| Moving far away and planning on transferring my pc to my nieces. I want to
| delete everything from it. Would like to format the hard drive and start
| anew for them but I don't have any discs. The machine came with Windows 2000
| on it and I upgraded to XP using just the upgrade disc.
|
| Thank you folks!

Jag

You need a qualifying product.. it could be a Win 98/SE or Millennium CD of
the retail, upgrade or OEM type.. a Win 2000 CD would do it too..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"jagapat" <jagapat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Moving far away and planning on transferring my pc to my nieces. I want
> delete everything from it. Would like to format the hard drive and start
> anew for them but I don't have any discs. The machine came with Windows
> 2000
> on it and I upgraded to XP using just the upgrade disc.
>
> Thank you folks!

You're looking at $90
http://www.buycheapsoftware.com/details~productID~1717.asp

Donny Broome
donny AT broomeman DOT com
Kill Spyware! Visit:
http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/

In news:70C99EC2-2711-46E1-A311-6CE0BB24ACF0@microsoft.com,
jagapat <jagapat@discussions.microsoft.com> replied with a ;-)
> Moving far away and planning on transferring my pc to my nieces. I
> want to delete everything from it. Would like to format the hard
> drive and start anew for them but I don't have any discs. The
> machine came with Windows 2000 on it and I upgraded to XP using just
> the upgrade disc.
>
> Thank you folks!

See my reply in general and next time do a proper cross-post rather than
multi-post the same message to the individual groups.
Place all the newsgroups on the same line separated by a semi-colon.
--
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

Ooops. I did this myself. Didn't know how to do what you said. I do
now though. Thanks for the tip on cross posting....

<snip>

In news:e30gi1doek839bqe95rb84sbsmtcmbasos@4ax.com,
Temujin@karakorum.org <Temujin@karakorum.org> replied with a ;-)
> Ooops. I did this myself. Didn't know how to do what you said. I do
> now though. Thanks for the tip on cross posting....
>
> On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 01:11:14 -0700, "Michael Stevens"
> <mstevens@bogusmvps.org> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> See my reply in general and next time do a proper cross-post rather
>> than multi-post the same message to the individual groups.
>> Place all the newsgroups on the same line separated by a semi-colon.

You are quite welcome. :cool: