Can anyone tell me in very simple language how to make disk cleanup work
properly? It used to work. Now afte you selected/checked what you want to
clean up, such as recycle bin and temporary internet files, then it only goes
to four or five bars and never completes. Does anyone out there have an
answer to this problem without causing a virus from downloading something to
fix the problem?

Heather;
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812248
Or
Follow this link:
Line 48, Right column "Disk Cleanup - Compress..."
Save on Desktop.
Double click the icon once downloaded.
The icon can then be discarded.

--