Help I don't know which is better

G

IS Radon better than Geforce?
I'm thinking of buying a new graphic Card
but I don't know which one is better for me
I need to play 3D games,Watch movies
Can anyone tell which one is better for me to buy at the price of 200 Dollars or less In Britsh Columbia

prfstrkr

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
RADEON 7500 v.s. Geforce 2 Ti
RADEON 8500 v.s. Geforce 3 Ti 5000
??????????? v.s. Geforce 4 Ti 4600
If you play games primarily/care about Driver support, go for a Nvidia

Never fight stupid person.
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=17357" target="_new">Rig</A>

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
The ATI cards are probably a bit cheeper for you up there, so I would recomend the 8500 if you can get it for your price range, or the 7500 if not.

Trollin' trollin' trollin', keep them doggies postin', my fingers are swollen, Rawhide!

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If he can't get the ATI Radeon 8500 in his price then wouldn't the geforce 3 Ti200 be better than Radeon 7500? considering the Abit Geforce 3 Ti200 overclocked passed Ti500 speeds I'd have to recomend that if 8500 isn't available. If you can get the Radeon 8500 go for it and pray for good drivers. :smile:

If my response is brief and vague its because the info you provided is too!

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
"If you can get the Radeon 8500 go for it and pray for good drivers." - Oni

pray hard, really hard if your a serious gamer.

"OOOOO Shiny things. I can make powerful equipment with shiny things!" - The imp Butler from BGII

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Yup, and they've come true. ATI has great drivers now. Drivers aren't the reason not to get an ATI card.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
uh, yes they are. I cant think of any other reasons not to other than the drivers... Serious Gamers like their games to run when they come out...not 3 to 6 months down the road... iz daz wholez reasonz iz wentz toz NiVidiaz inz thez firstsz placez. Oh yea, that and Nvidia is optimized for the p4 and I'm not scared enough of you to not admit that I'm an Intel/Nvidia/W.Digital/Phillips/Creative/Logitech/Asus fanboy.

"OOOOO Shiny things. I can make powerful equipment with shiny things!" - The imp Butler from BGII

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Well if you're an Intel/Nvidia/W.Digital/Phillips/Creative/Logitech/Asus fanboy then I'm an Intel/AMD/VIA/Nvidia/ATI/Matrox/W.Digital/Maxtor/IBM/Seagate/Fujitsu/Phillips/Turtle beach/Logitech/Altec Lansing/Klipch/Asus/MSI/Abit/ECS/Iwill/Samsung/Cruical/Kingmax/Corsair/ALi/SiS/Microsoft/Palm/Xerox/Canon/Iomega/Pioneer/Sony/HP/Enermax/Antec/NEC/Creative/3dfx fanboy. :wink:

Am I missing something?

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
Neon Lights, a digital lcd, and a pink partridge. I prefer The green ones. Dude, it was kind of a joke... but seriously. I do think nVidia's only real advantage is still in the drivers. They've consistently had better all around compatibility with the latest games and still do. Its not a huge gap, but definitely measurable in my opinion. Just my opinion...

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
If it's in his price range, but I doubt it would be if an 8500 isn't.

Trollin' trollin' trollin', keep them doggies postin', my fingers are swollen, Rawhide!

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
how long did it take for you to think of all those names? :wink:

<b><font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s drivers are like a broken faucet, they both keep on leaking...</b> :cool: