I am about at the end of my rope with my daughters computer. She has AdWare
or whatever. I have run Spybot S&D v1.2, Spyware Doctor v3.2.1, Microsofts
Anti Spyware v Beta 1 and Ad-Aware SE. I have run them all numerous times
and the last time I ran As-Aware, it didn't find anything I've taken our
over 600 bugs. After all of that, when I connect to my ISP either FireFox or
IE, the screen goes crazy with adware screens and I get continuous IE errors.
I have all the MS updates.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Larry

Hello Larry,

Try this,

Internet Explorer/ Tools/ internet options/ where it says deleate Internet
Files, click deleate files, in same window click deleate history.

Return to desktop, start PC in safemode, run a full virus check then run
your spyware programes while in safemode.

When all is done exit safemode, restart PC, return to Desk top

Hope that helps.
--
Sandal

"canon1a" wrote:

> I am about at the end of my rope with my daughters computer. She has AdWare
> or whatever. I have run Spybot S&D v1.2, Spyware Doctor v3.2.1, Microsofts
> Anti Spyware v Beta 1 and Ad-Aware SE. I have run them all numerous times
> and the last time I ran As-Aware, it didn't find anything I've taken our
> over 600 bugs. After all of that, when I connect to my ISP either FireFox or
> IE, the screen goes crazy with adware screens and I get continuous IE errors.
> I have all the MS updates.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks Larry

Canon

You do not have the latest versions of any anti-spyware program.. download
them now, install, update, and run them.. also add Spyware Blaster to your
list, and use it in place of Spyware Doctor.. it is important to keep up to
date, not just with updates, but versions too..

Also, ensure that you are running a decent firewall.. the SP2 firewall is
better than none at all..

You might also want to take a look here.. bookmark the page too..

http://www.pchell.com

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"canon1a" <canon1a@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am about at the end of my rope with my daughters computer. She has
>AdWare
> or whatever. I have run Spybot S&D v1.2, Spyware Doctor v3.2.1,
> Microsofts
> Anti Spyware v Beta 1 and Ad-Aware SE. I have run them all numerous times
> and the last time I ran As-Aware, it didn't find anything I've taken our
> over 600 bugs. After all of that, when I connect to my ISP either FireFox
> or
> IE, the screen goes crazy with adware screens and I get continuous IE
> errors.
> I have all the MS updates.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks Larry

Hello, Very good advice and links, follow the recommendations given. Two
other items that may help: 1. check if the pop up stopper in IE6 is active
(tools, pop-up blocker). 2. visit this site and consider installing a "hosts
file" http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm.
take care.
beamish.

"canon1a" wrote:

> I am about at the end of my rope with my daughters computer. She has AdWare
> or whatever. I have run Spybot S&D v1.2, Spyware Doctor v3.2.1, Microsofts
> Anti Spyware v Beta 1 and Ad-Aware SE. I have run them all numerous times
> and the last time I ran As-Aware, it didn't find anything I've taken our
> over 600 bugs. After all of that, when I connect to my ISP either FireFox or
> IE, the screen goes crazy with adware screens and I get continuous IE errors.
> I have all the MS updates.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks Larry

Try running a scan with Ad-Aware while in Safe Mode.

Donny Broome
donny AT broomeman DOT com
Kill Spyware! Visit:
http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/

"canon1a" <canon1a@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am about at the end of my rope with my daughters computer. She has
>AdWare
> or whatever. I have run Spybot S&D v1.2, Spyware Doctor v3.2.1,
> Microsofts
> Anti Spyware v Beta 1 and Ad-Aware SE. I have run them all numerous times
> and the last time I ran As-Aware, it didn't find anything I've taken our
> over 600 bugs. After all of that, when I connect to my ISP either FireFox
> or
> IE, the screen goes crazy with adware screens and I get continuous IE
> errors.
> I have all the MS updates.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks Larry

The current version of Spybot is 1.4. Download, install, update and run all
of the following.

Ad-Aware
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

Spybot search and destroy
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

Ewido Security Suite Trial version

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
I can analyze it. Ignore anyone especially the troll Leythos, who will tag
along a nonsense post to this message, who tells you to post it elsewhere. I
need to see it not them.

HijackThis

The authors of the above programs, with the exception of Microsoft has given
the owner of pcbutts1.com express written permission to redistribute their
software.

"canon1a" <canon1a@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am about at the end of my rope with my daughters computer. She has
>AdWare
> or whatever. I have run Spybot S&D v1.2, Spyware Doctor v3.2.1,
> Microsofts
> Anti Spyware v Beta 1 and Ad-Aware SE. I have run them all numerous times
> and the last time I ran As-Aware, it didn't find anything I've taken our
> over 600 bugs. After all of that, when I connect to my ISP either FireFox
> or
> IE, the screen goes crazy with adware screens and I get continuous IE
> errors.
> I have all the MS updates.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks Larry

All your anti-spyware software "MUST" be updated to the latest versions.

Other things to try:

CWShredder

Hijackthis (with help from various HJT web forums)

Trend Micro's Housecall web scan.

"canon1a" <canon1a@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am about at the end of my rope with my daughters computer. She has
>AdWare
> or whatever. I have run Spybot S&D v1.2, Spyware Doctor v3.2.1,
> Microsofts
> Anti Spyware v Beta 1 and Ad-Aware SE. I have run them all numerous times
> and the last time I ran As-Aware, it didn't find anything I've taken our
> over 600 bugs. After all of that, when I connect to my ISP either FireFox
> or
> IE, the screen goes crazy with adware screens and I get continuous IE
> errors.
> I have all the MS updates.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks Larry

Make sure Spybot S&D is upto date.
Then run it in advanced mode, click the tools button (lower left area)
in the main window, make sure the BHO's & ActiveX options are checked,
then select BHO's in the left pain to see what loads with IE.
Review the names, and location of each BHO, and any you wish to remove, can
be by selecting it and clicking Remove.

"canon1a" <canon1a@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am about at the end of my rope with my daughters computer. She has
>AdWare
> or whatever. I have run Spybot S&D v1.2, Spyware Doctor v3.2.1,
> Microsofts
> Anti Spyware v Beta 1 and Ad-Aware SE. I have run them all numerous times
> and the last time I ran As-Aware, it didn't find anything I've taken our
> over 600 bugs. After all of that, when I connect to my ISP either FireFox
> or
> IE, the screen goes crazy with adware screens and I get continuous IE
> errors.
> I have all the MS updates.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks Larry