DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll failed. return code was:..

September 13, 2005 5:22:08 PM

Any ideas as to why this is happening? I can't install any anti-spyware
programs or any other programs. I cannot register this file.
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 11:57:01 AM

Hi Nocturnal,

Thanks for posting here.

Thank you for posting here!

I notice that you have posted the same question in our
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general newsgroup, to which I have already
responded. Please check my answer there, and if you need any further
assistance on this particular issue please reply to me in that thread so I
can follow up with you.

In the future, please don't cross-post the same question in multiple
newsgroups. This will help our engineers work on your question more
efficiently. Your understanding and cooperation is appreciated.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Tom Che
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
>From: "Nocturnal" <anonymous@anonymous.com>
>Subject: DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll failed. return code was:
0x80004005
>Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:22:08 -1000
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
>
>Any ideas as to why this is happening? I can't install any anti-spyware
>programs or any other programs. I cannot register this file.

Anonymous
September 14, 2005 7:14:21 PM

Greetings Tom,

Thanks for your response in windowsxp.general newsgroup. Here is a similar
problem posted two days ago, and you'd like to have a look at it:

From: "=?Utf-8?B?YXZlcmJ1bnQ=?=" <averbunt@discussions.microsoft.com>
Subject: error registering the OCX c:\windows\system32\jscrip.dll
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 00:20:02 -0700

I'm wondering if this has something to do with JScript.dll's dependencies.
Any ideas?

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User