DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll failed. return code was:..

Any ideas as to why this is happening? I can't install any anti-spyware
programs or any other programs. I cannot register this file.
2 answers Last reply
More about dllregisterserver vbscript failed return code

    Hi Nocturnal,

    Thanks for posting here.

    Thank you for posting here!

    I notice that you have posted the same question in our
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general newsgroup, to which I have already
    responded. Please check my answer there, and if you need any further
    assistance on this particular issue please reply to me in that thread so I
    can follow up with you.

    In the future, please don't cross-post the same question in multiple
    newsgroups. This will help our engineers work on your question more
    efficiently. Your understanding and cooperation is appreciated.

    Have a nice day!

    Sincerely,
    Tom Che
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    --------------------
    >From: "Nocturnal" <anonymous@anonymous.com>
    >Subject: DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll failed. return code was:
    0x80004005
    >Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:22:08 -1000
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
    >
    >Any ideas as to why this is happening? I can't install any anti-spyware
    >programs or any other programs. I cannot register this file.

    Greetings Tom,

    Thanks for your response in windowsxp.general newsgroup. Here is a similar
    problem posted two days ago, and you'd like to have a look at it:

    From: "=?Utf-8?B?YXZlcmJ1bnQ=?=" <averbunt@discussions.microsoft.com>
    Subject: error registering the OCX c:\windows\system32\jscrip.dll
    Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 00:20:02 -0700

    I'm wondering if this has something to do with JScript.dll's dependencies.
    Any ideas?

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Tom Che [MSFT]" <v-tomche@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Nocturnal,
    >
    > Thanks for posting here.
    >
    > Thank you for posting here!
    >
    > I notice that you have posted the same question in our
    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general newsgroup, to which I have already
    > responded. Please check my answer there, and if you need any further
    > assistance on this particular issue please reply to me in that thread so I
    > can follow up with you.
    >
    > In the future, please don't cross-post the same question in multiple
    > newsgroups. This will help our engineers work on your question more
    > efficiently. Your understanding and cooperation is appreciated.
    >
    > Have a nice day!
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > Tom Che
    > Microsoft Online Partner Support

    > rights.

    >>From: "Nocturnal" <anonymous@anonymous.com>
    >>Subject: DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll failed. return code was:
    > 0x80004005
    >>Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:22:08 -1000
    >>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
    >>
    >>Any ideas as to why this is happening? I can't install any anti-spyware
    >>programs or any other programs. I cannot register this file.

VBScript Support DLL Anti Spyware Microsoft Windows XP