Internet Explorer not alowing more than one window?

I can not have more than one window. I will be working on something and then
when i click file-new-window it resets my old window that i was working on.
And it deleltes it. and will not let you use the go back botton.

Can someone help?
1 answer Last reply
More about internet explorer alowing window

    This is usually caused by third-party browser add-ons. Disable all Pop-up
    blockers if installed any. Here is a detailed note from Don Varnau, MS-MVP
    Internet Explorer.

    <quote>
    You probably have a program running which is blocking pop-up windows-
    something like Yahoo Companion, Google toolbar, MSN toolbar, a firewall,
    Earthlink (or another) pop-up blocker, MyIE2 (or another shell for IE) etc.

    You'll have to turn off the feature that's blocking new windows or, perhaps,
    uninstall the program.

    BHO Demon from http://www.definitivesolutions.com/bhodemon.htm may find the
    offending program/BHO.

    Or it could be caused by spyware/parasites. Work through the solutions
    (CWShredder, Ad-aware, Spybot) at
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm Also note the security tips on that
    page.

    Additional information at:
    The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
    More security tips at http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm

    </quote>

    Ref:
    http://groups.google.co.in/groups?selm=%23GLKPaYhEHA.3864%40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl

    You'd be interested in using my program ToolbarCop to disable the IE add-ons
    (that includes browser extensions, toolbars, additional buttons to the
    standard toolbar, Browser Helper Objects) selectively, to isolate the
    problem. ToolbarCop can be downloaded from:

    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I can not have more than one window. I will be working on something and
    >then
    > when i click file-new-window it resets my old window that i was working
    > on.
    > And it deleltes it. and will not let you use the go back botton.
    >
    > Can someone help?

Internet Explorer Support Microsoft Windows XP