Inspiron 600M problem

Greetings---

I have a 600M about 5 mos. old. Runs XP Home. When I try to burn
something to the CD, when I right click, and choose "Send To", there is
no option to send the file to the CD drive. And yes, that is an option
that is supposed to be there. I "can" send it to Record Now, but for
some reason, that program is acting balky.

I've even tried to drag and drop files onto the CD drive, but I get a
message that the drive is a CD-ROM and not a burner. Yes, it is a burner.

Any ideas?

TIA

Tom S.
Houston, TX

"Tom Simchak" <not.today@thankyou.org> wrote in message
> Greetings---
>
> I have a 600M about 5 mos. old. Runs XP Home. When I try to burn
> something to the CD, when I right click, and choose "Send To", there is no
> option to send the file to the CD drive. And yes, that is an option that
> is supposed to be there. I "can" send it to Record Now, but for some
> reason, that program is acting balky.
>
> I've even tried to drag and drop files onto the CD drive, but I get a
> message that the drive is a CD-ROM and not a burner. Yes, it is a burner.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA
>
> Tom S.
> Houston, TX

Assuming you *can* burn via Sonic!, I wonder if that app. is overriding or
generally screwing with the (Roxio)XP native burner. ?

I've seen where folks "droppin and draggin" to the CD drive initially with
original Dell image will sometimes goof up burning with other available sw
apps.....

Stew

Clark

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

Mine might not be right, but compare it to yours. If you go to My Computer
and open Properties for the DVD, on the DLA tab mine shows "Enable DLA" with
a Sonic Icon on the bottom. On the Recording Tab, I show "Enable CD
Recording" not checked.

I burned some files the other day and it worked. A quick way to check might
be to right click on the drive and see if it shows Enable DLA checked.

Clark