Sign in with
Your question

Product key for Microsoft

Last response: in Windows 7
July 25, 2010 2:46:59 PM

hey I'm Nicole

so i have been trying to enter my product key for Microsoft word for some time now... and its not working... i entered the 25 digit product key on the bottom of my lap top where it says Proof Of Licence Certificate of Authenticity Microsoft...but it tells me its incorrect. any ideas or answers? Thank you :bounce: 

More about : product key microsoft

a b $ Windows 7
July 25, 2010 3:53:04 PM

kikibabi said:
hey I'm Nicole

so i have been trying to enter my product key for Microsoft word for some time now... and its not working... i entered the 25 digit product key on the bottom of my lap top where it says Proof Of Licence Certificate of Authenticity Microsoft...but it tells me its incorrect. any ideas or answers? Thank you :bounce: 

Hi, Nicole and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums. The key you found on the base of the laptop refers to your Operating System and not to Microsoft Office products. You should have a CD or DVD case with that key printed on it or if you're converting a Trial version, perhaps they e-mailed you the key.

m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 26, 2010 7:51:25 AM

Like Saga Lout says, the key for Windows will not work for Office. Did you buy Office or did it come pre-installed with the laptop?
m
l
July 26, 2010 6:53:05 PM

If you dont get it working, just go scoop up OpenOffice instead of spendin a few hundred for MS office
m
l
!