Trade: Typing of The Dead for DreamCast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.marketplace (More info?)

Hello!

I have a new, still sealed copy of The Typing of the Dead for the DreamCast
system.
I'd like to know if anyone could trade for a working PC version ( good or
better condition) of the same game.

This is probably a long shot, but I'm hoping.

Thank you in advance!

--YellowCat

Yellow Cat wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a new, still sealed copy of The Typing of the Dead for the DreamCast
> system.
> I'd like to know if anyone could trade for a working PC version ( good or
> better condition) of the same game.
>
> This is probably a long shot, but I'm hoping.
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> --YellowCat

http://cgi.ebay.com/TYPING-OF-THE-DEAD-FOR-PC-RARE-LIKE-NEW-IN-BOX_W0QQitemZ8212591443QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck.

Relic

sonarrat wrote:
> Yellow Cat wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I have a new, still sealed copy of The Typing of the Dead for the
>> DreamCast system.
>> I'd like to know if anyone could trade for a working PC version ( good
>> or better condition) of the same game.
>>
>> This is probably a long shot, but I'm hoping.
>>
>> Thank you in advance!
>>
>> --YellowCat
>>

> http://cgi.ebay.com/TYPING-OF-THE-DEAD-FOR-PC-RARE-LIKE-NEW-IN-BOX_W0QQitemZ8212591443QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>

> Good luck.
TotD PC is rare? Sheesh, I picked up mine a couple of years ago for 4.99.

--
New version of an old favorite!
The Briefcase Fulla Rant!

Relic wrote:
> sonarrat wrote:
>
>> Yellow Cat wrote:
>>
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I have a new, still sealed copy of The Typing of the Dead for the
>>> DreamCast system.
>>> I'd like to know if anyone could trade for a working PC version (
>>> good or better condition) of the same game.
>>>
>>> This is probably a long shot, but I'm hoping.
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance!
>>>
>>> --YellowCat
>>>

>> http://cgi.ebay.com/TYPING-OF-THE-DEAD-FOR-PC-RARE-LIKE-NEW-IN-BOX_W0QQitemZ8212591443QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>>

>> Good luck.
>
> TotD PC is rare? Sheesh, I picked up mine a couple of years ago for 4.99.

TotD DC was a bomb sales-wise, but TotD PC sold even worse. Production
was quickly halted and the games languished in the bargain bins until
people realized - hey, this is a great game, and they didn't make many
of it. Same old story, exactly what happened to the PS2 Rez...

On the other hand, I got my DC copy for $10 at a Toys 'R' Us, and now it
can hardly be given away.

Relic

sonarrat wrote:
> Relic wrote:
>
>> sonarrat wrote:

>>> http://cgi.ebay.com/TYPING-OF-THE-DEAD-FOR-PC-RARE-LIKE-NEW-IN-BOX_W0QQitemZ8212591443QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>>>

>>> Good luck.
>>

>> TotD PC is rare? Sheesh, I picked up mine a couple of years ago for 4.99.
>

> TotD DC was a bomb sales-wise, but TotD PC sold even worse. Production
> was quickly halted and the games languished in the bargain bins until
> people realized - hey, this is a great game, and they didn't make many
> of it. Same old story, exactly what happened to the PS2 Rez...
>
> On the other hand, I got my DC copy for $10 at a Toys 'R' Us, and now it
> can hardly be given away.

I don't recall too many reviews for the PC version in the PC mags,
but I remember one in particular who gave it a 7, only because of the
default graphic setting, but apparently loved the idea of blowing away
zombies with your keyboard (which prompted them to use "___of the Dead"
with any word they could think of for the next several issues).
But I like it, and it's got Mavis Beacon beat all hollow ^_^.