PNY or Leadtek GF4 Ti 4400?

gtlam

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2002
Well, I've decided to go for a GeForce4 Ti 4400. I've narrowed my choices down to PNY and Leadtek, mainly that these are as much as $40 cheaper than the rest. I could not find anything that directly compared the two. Which one would you guys prefer? I prefer the Leadtek's look and company rep, but the PNY comes with the 3-D glasses. They're about the same price. Any ideas? Thanks.

Also, if some has one of these cards or any GF4 Ti 4400, can you tell me how long they are so I can be sure it doesn't interfere with my hard drives.

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
From what I read, 3D glasses are pretty much useless as only a couple things even can use it. Doesn't the Leadtek card have a wrap-around heatsink and two fans? That would be a mother to oc... :tongue: Maybe that's only on the Ti4600.. i dunno. If they are both the same price, I'd go for the Leadtek although PNY does offer good quality products for a low price. On a side note. Did you see if both of them offered the same inputs/outputs? Such as TV in/out. Check this out.

Horizon

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2001
I have the LeadTek and it is indeed 2 fan with wrap around heatsink. Stays very cool.

Oh and its a damn good card.

~Taylor

aspalmat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2002
The most important thing to realize is that both cards will perform basically the same.

So, when it comes down to choosing, pick the card that has the features you like better. I think the Leadtek comes with a better software bundle then the PNY. Although the 2 games they bundle with it are Class B games at best. It does come with it's own OCing utility, plus some extra stuff.

The thing that really sold me on the Leadtek was the heatsink and the fans. Keeping my system, and my components cool is a high proirity for me. Simply put, a cool system runs better, and has less problems.

As far as size, it may interfere. I simply left the PCI slot next to the AGP slot empty.