Registry Mechanic

has anyone got any opinions on this product? After downloading, I have over
20 reg problems, but when trying to actually find them in the regedit - I'm
unable to do so to delete them.... is it worth the $30 to get it reg? or is
there a free version that will actually do something?

thanks
Pam
3 answers Last reply
More about registry mechanic

    Pam

    I wouldn't give it room on my drives.. programs like that claim more than
    they actually achieve, there is very often a performance hit, and anything
    they don't recognise is reported as a fault.. programs like this turn newbie
    computer users into paranoiacs..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Pam" <pam_staley@removethishotmail.com> wrote in message
    > has anyone got any opinions on this product? After downloading, I have
    > over
    > 20 reg problems, but when trying to actually find them in the regedit -
    > I'm
    > unable to do so to delete them.... is it worth the $30 to get it reg? or
    > is
    > there a free version that will actually do something?
    >
    > thanks
    > Pam

    thanks so much Mike - preciate the info - it was making me crazy ...
    LOL...I'm up to now 81 problems - I'm going to dump it immediately!

    Pam

    > Pam
    >
    > I wouldn't give it room on my drives.. programs like that claim more than
    > they actually achieve, there is very often a performance hit, and anything
    > they don't recognise is reported as a fault.. programs like this turn
    newbie
    > computer users into paranoiacs..
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >

    > "Pam" <pam_staley@removethishotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > has anyone got any opinions on this product? After downloading, I have
    > > over
    > > 20 reg problems, but when trying to actually find them in the regedit -
    > > I'm
    > > unable to do so to delete them.... is it worth the $30 to get it reg? or
    > > is
    > > there a free version that will actually do something?
    > >
    > > thanks
    > > Pam

    Pam

    Halfway there already, eh.. :-)

    --

    > thanks so much Mike - preciate the info - it was making me crazy ...
    > LOL...I'm up to now 81 problems - I'm going to dump it immediately!
    >
    > Pam
    >
    > "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> Pam
    >>
    >> I wouldn't give it room on my drives.. programs like that claim more than
    >> they actually achieve, there is very often a performance hit, and
    >> anything
    >> they don't recognise is reported as a fault.. programs like this turn
    > newbie
    >> computer users into paranoiacs..
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mike Hall
    >> MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >>

    >> "Pam" <pam_staley@removethishotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > has anyone got any opinions on this product? After downloading, I have
    >> > over
    >> > 20 reg problems, but when trying to actually find them in the regedit -
    >> > I'm
    >> > unable to do so to delete them.... is it worth the $30 to get it reg?
    >> > or
    >> > is
    >> > there a free version that will actually do something?
    >> >
    >> > thanks
    >> > Pam

Support Registry Microsoft Windows XP