My desktop icons keep moving around - they arrange themselves randomly every
time I reboot. How do I keep them where I put them? "Lock desktop items"
under Display/web properties does not appear to be working.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:ABE75D95-827C-4C10-A489-6BEEDD70D8F1@microsoft.com,
Derek <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> My desktop icons keep moving around - they arrange themselves
> randomly every time I reboot. How do I keep them where I put them?
> "Lock desktop items" under Display/web properties does not appear to
> be working.

You might try this tool:

Icon Restore:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/iconrestore.html