Desktop icons won't stay put

My desktop icons keep moving around - they arrange themselves randomly every
time I reboot. How do I keep them where I put them? "Lock desktop items"
under Display/web properties does not appear to be working.
1 answer Last reply
More about desktop icons stay

    In news:ABE75D95-827C-4C10-A489-6BEEDD70D8F1@microsoft.com,
    Derek <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > My desktop icons keep moving around - they arrange themselves
    > randomly every time I reboot. How do I keep them where I put them?
    > "Lock desktop items" under Display/web properties does not appear to
    > be working.

    You might try this tool:

    Icon Restore:
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/iconrestore.html

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

Support Microsoft Desktop Icons Windows XP