Spoolsv.exe at 100%

The printer spoolservice (spoolsv.exe) is running crazy (100% cpu, even
without printing).
I read somewhere that a hotfix should be available. Anyone an idea how to
solve this?

Thx

Eric

xphome sp2
1 answer Last reply
More about spoolsv

    "Eric27" <eric.sleeckx@pandora.be> wrote in message
    > The printer spoolservice (spoolsv.exe) is running crazy (100% cpu, even
    > without printing).
    > I read somewhere that a hotfix should be available. Anyone an idea how to
    > solve this?
    >
    > Thx
    >
    > Eric
    >
    > xphome sp2

    Bring up the printer in the control panel and check that it has not got any
    pront jobs queuing. Also check that notjing is queing for Microsoft Office
    Document Image Writer. Try stopping the print spooler service (Control
    Panel - Administrative Tools - Services) and then restarting it.

    Additionally, although I doubt that it is the case in this instance (don't
    know why just do!) but there is a trojan that masquerades as the spoolsv.exe
    file so it would be worthwhile running a full virus scan as well.

    Andy

Support Microsoft Printers Windows XP