Spoolsv.exe at 100%

September 14, 2005 10:21:20 PM

The printer spoolservice (spoolsv.exe) is running crazy (100% cpu, even
without printing).
I read somewhere that a hotfix should be available. Anyone an idea how to
solve this?

Thx

Eric

xphome sp2

More about : spoolsv exe 100

September 15, 2005 12:15:09 AM

"Eric27" <eric.sleeckx@pandora.be> wrote in message
> The printer spoolservice (spoolsv.exe) is running crazy (100% cpu, even
> without printing).
> I read somewhere that a hotfix should be available. Anyone an idea how to
> solve this?
>
> Thx
>
> Eric
>
> xphome sp2

Bring up the printer in the control panel and check that it has not got any
pront jobs queuing. Also check that notjing is queing for Microsoft Office
Document Image Writer. Try stopping the print spooler service (Control
Panel - Administrative Tools - Services) and then restarting it.

Additionally, although I doubt that it is the case in this instance (don't
know why just do!) but there is a trojan that masquerades as the spoolsv.exe
file so it would be worthwhile running a full virus scan as well.

Andy
!