Mike

Splendid

Come on guys, can no-one answer this question posted yesterday?

I have a warning under my broadband advanced security settings tab that
'PAP', 'SPAP' and 'CHAP' protocols are allowed and could prevent data
encryption. I don't know how these protocols got selected unless they are
default settings. Need I be concerned and is there any action I should take?
(I use my computer for internet banking).

Andrew

> Come on guys, can no-one answer this question posted yesterday?
>
> I have a warning under my broadband advanced security settings tab that
> 'PAP', 'SPAP' and 'CHAP' protocols are allowed and could prevent data
> encryption. I don't know how these protocols got selected unless they are
> default settings. Need I be concerned and is there any action I should
> take?
> (I use my computer for internet banking).

Check with your ISP which protocol they use. My ISP (in the UK) uses CHAP.
If you cannot find out them disable each one in turn and see if you get any
connectivity problems.

Andy