GeForce2 MX PCI

G

Former Mac Usre, I'm useless wint Win family, thus I have some problems in intalling GeForce to my comp. It is PII 233MHz 128MB RAM with Cirrus Logic Laguna 5465 integrated graphics card (processors, RAMs et al. with it) with Win 2k Pro :(No free AGP slot available. The problem is, that in Prep.Your Pc procedure I couldn't determine Standard VGA Display settings from the manual, since In 'Display/adapter/advanced/change' there is no change button!I went on to install GeForce anyway, and now I get 16-colors and an endless loop for 'Installing new hardware' either when trying to configure display or installing drivers from CD. All I get is in display/adapter/advanced 'Adapter:VGA; DAC,Memory etc:not available->properties: VGA Save/Non Plug and Play, manufacturer/location unknown.Is there anything to be done? What did I do wrong and how do I fix this,step by step?I would be eternally grateful for you helping an old man.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
try installing it as a standard PCI VGA adapter, then running the unstall program from within windows (it will still be at 16 colors until install program is done and PC rebooted).

What's the frequency, Kenneth?