Sound Card ceases to work for no reason

Hey guys,
Got a stupid problem here. The summer being over, I unplugged my
computer and moved it back to the university campus.
My speakers didn't seem to be working.
Of course, I would soon find that that wasn't the only problem -
occasionally, Windows Media Player would claim that -I have no sound
card at all-! This is patently ridiculous, as the thing was working
before I left home.
Any suggestions? I'm at my wits' end.

--
J_A_Munroe

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:J_A_Munroe.1vdh1m@pcbanter.net,
J_A_Munroe <J_A_Munroe.1vdh1m@pcbanter.net> had this to say:

> Hey guys,
> Got a stupid problem here. The summer being over, I unplugged my
> computer and moved it back to the university campus.
> My speakers didn't seem to be working.
> Of course, I would soon find that that wasn't the only problem -
> occasionally, Windows Media Player would claim that -I have no sound
> card at all-! This is patently ridiculous, as the thing was working
> before I left home.
> Any suggestions? I'm at my wits' end.

In the move did it come unseated from the board?

Galen

Sherlock Holmes