New technology, need pics of them

eden

Champion
You know, what with all the DX8 features out there thanks to GF3, I was always wondering, even after reading the GF3 information article by Tom (the huge one) and seeing pics of technology effects, I would really like to see what the vertex and pixel shaders do and look like in games. I know Aquanox uses all of it, and the eye candy is just so nice, but I would like some pics of closeups of areas in a scene that portray the usage of those 2 shaders. I would like to see what these 2 shaders can produce, and how it affects the image quality! In short, I want examples pics.

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!

G

I registered just so I could reply here.. :)

Check out Morrowind www.elderscrolls.com

That's basically the first game to truely utilize everything DX 8.1 has to offer in the new GeForce4 Ti cards.

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
That's basically the first game to truely utilize everything DX 8.1 has to offer in the new GeForce4 Ti cards.
DX 8.1 is an 8500 only thing.

The Windows Gods demand money to appease the BSOD! - Rev. Bill Gates

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
hmm hardly looks like an RPG, more like a first person shooter. Maybe it won't be completely gay like most RPGs :rolleyes:
I'll make a Lord of the Rings FPS out of it :smile:

If my response is brief and vague its because the info you provided is too!

eden

Champion
I saw the screenshots but you didn't get what I meant.
I can see pics of new optimized games, but I don't see WHERE is X technology applied in Y. For example I want a pic with an arrow pointing to some vertex shader effect result, or a pixel shader one, to see what old games don't have in new optimized ones in textures and such.

I know the technology is applied and there, I just don't see where.

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Eden on 04/10/02 04:25 PM.</EM></FONT></P>