Problem re-installing Office 2000 - Word

Word attempts to open but times out and the message that appears is:
program is not responding. That is the only message. It is a retail
full program CD. It is the same disk I used to install office prior
to reformatting computer. Thank you as you can tell, I am new at this.

--
Charl

Here I got a fix for you that should work.

Uninstall Office 2000. When you do that, it's a very good idea to run the
version of Microsoft's "Office Eraser" after uninstalling and before
re-installing.

The erasers clean up bits of Office that the uninstaller leaves behind in
the registry and/or on your hard drive (bits that can cause the installer to
skip the very things you want it to re-install!)

Donwload it here for each cd of office 2000

Office 2000 has two erasers, one each for CD 1 and 2

cd1: http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;q239938
cd2: http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;q247674

This will fully clean up everything thr registry too and all files of it
being installed. Then reinstall Office 2000 and if that doesn't fix the
problem then it could be possibly the original cd disc. Try seeing if it's
scratch and wipe it. Also if it still dosn't work try installing it on
another machine and it if oyu still have the problem then it's the disc and
you need to get a new cd.

Reply back and let me know how it goes. Don't forget to select yes if this
was helpful on my post. I always like helping out people with there problems.
Thanks