shortcut on my desktop to a web page

How would I make a shortcut on my desktop to a web page? I know [or
think I know] how to make shortcuts applications and the likes, but I
cannot find any information about shortcuts for webpages?

Thank you,

Barry Karas
3 answers Last reply
More about shortcut desktop page

    While viewing the relevant webpage, highlight the URL and COPY. Now
    right click on your desktop, select NEW > SHORTCUT, and proceed with
    the shortcut creation, using PASTE when you are requested to provide
    the location of the item to which the shortcut is to point.

    ---
    We judge others by our own limitations.

    If using Internet Explorer, go the web site.
    Then go up to File.
    Go to Send.
    Go to Shortcut to Desktop.
    Now you have a Shortcut to that web site on your Desktop.

    "Barry Karas" <bkaras@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > How would I make a shortcut on my desktop to a web page? I know [or
    > think I know] how to make shortcuts applications and the likes, but I
    > cannot find any information about shortcuts for webpages?
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Barry Karas

    You can drag the icon in addressbar to the desktop too. All favourites are shortcuts.

    "Ed." <esmithoh(at)zoominternet.net> wrote in message news:eQJ8xYduFHA.1032@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > If using Internet Explorer, go the web site.
    > Then go up to File.
    > Go to Send.
    > Go to Shortcut to Desktop.
    > Now you have a Shortcut to that web site on your Desktop.
    >
    > "Barry Karas" <bkaras@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >> How would I make a shortcut on my desktop to a web page? I know [or
    >> think I know] how to make shortcuts applications and the likes, but I
    >> cannot find any information about shortcuts for webpages?
    >>
    >> Thank you,
    >>
    >> Barry Karas

Support Desktops Microsoft Windows XP