Blackberry 7520 Questions

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

I have a few questions about the Blackberry 7520. I called literally 10
different Nextel locations in the DFW area and got several different
answers. How can a company have a sales force that knows virtually
nothing about the product they are selling?

ANYWAY… Is it possible to go to regular websites on the 7520, or is it
just text only? I am a construction contractor and I need the capability
of seeing live weather radar so I can tell when rain is coming through,
a page like Intellicast.com for example. Will the WebViewer program
enable me to do this? Or do I need to just get a wireless laptop
connection and forget about a Blackberry? The email would be really
handy though, would I be able to open up and edit and send Excel
spreadsheets on it?

I have been told by Nextel sales people yes definitely, maybe, no, I
don’t know, I will call you back, that’s a good question, and a few
others. Of the two that said they would call me back I never heard from
them again.

It’s too bad everyone in my industry uses Nextel direct connect.
Otherwise I would have changed a long time ago.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Splendid

http://www.reqwireless.com

They have all kinds of resonalby priced apps for this unit. You can view
full websites with their browser but keep in mind, it is still just a
Blackberry size screen.

Mike

Ted wrote:
> I have a few questions about the Blackberry 7520. I called literally 10
> different Nextel locations in the DFW area and got several different
> answers. How can a company have a sales force that knows virtually
> nothing about the product they are selling?
>
> ANYWAY… Is it possible to go to regular websites on the 7520, or is it
> just text only? I am a construction contractor and I need the capability
> of seeing live weather radar so I can tell when rain is coming through,
> a page like Intellicast.com for example. Will the WebViewer program
> enable me to do this? Or do I need to just get a wireless laptop
> connection and forget about a Blackberry? The email would be really
> handy though, would I be able to open up and edit and send Excel
> spreadsheets on it?
>
> I have been told by Nextel sales people yes definitely, maybe, no, I
> don’t know, I will call you back, that’s a good question, and a few
> others. Of the two that said they would call me back I never heard from
> them again.
>
> It’s too bad everyone in my industry uses Nextel direct connect.
> Otherwise I would have changed a long time ago.
>
> Thanks in advance!

I have had a similar problem trying to view images as attachments or
on the browser with my new 7520. I did find one refrence to making
sure that images were "enabled", but I have never found any menu where
that was an option.

There are directions on panning around on a image so it must be
possible somewhere.