WRT54G and a WPC54G

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
June 10, 2004 5:43:56 PM

Hi,

Is anyone aware of a problem using a Linksys WPC54G wireless card on
Windows 2000 Professional? When I tried to configure the system,
there was absolutely no signal being received on my notebook (as seen
in the WLAN Monitor)

Also, the 'Connect' and 'Refresh' buttons in the WLAN Monitor were
dimmed out.

Another clue: when I first installed the driver, I got 'ErrorCode=-3
Incorrect data or not enough disk space' (although there was tons of
disk space)

However, the driver did appear to install, and when I checked the
hardware profile, it said the device was running properly.

I just used a vanilla setup (Infrastructure Mode, Channel 6,
SSID=linksys etc)

thanks

More about : wrt54g wpc54g

Anonymous
June 11, 2004 10:44:50 AM

On 10 Jun 2004 13:43:56 -0700, Jeff spoketh

>Hi,
>
>Is anyone aware of a problem using a Linksys WPC54G wireless card on
>Windows 2000 Professional? When I tried to configure the system,
>there was absolutely no signal being received on my notebook (as seen
>in the WLAN Monitor)
>
>Also, the 'Connect' and 'Refresh' buttons in the WLAN Monitor were
>dimmed out.
>
>Another clue: when I first installed the driver, I got 'ErrorCode=-3
>Incorrect data or not enough disk space' (although there was tons of
>disk space)
>
>However, the driver did appear to install, and when I checked the
>hardware profile, it said the device was running properly.
>
>I just used a vanilla setup (Infrastructure Mode, Channel 6,
>SSID=linksys etc)
>
>thanks

It sometimes freaks out during install. Uninstall the software, reboot
and try again.

Lars M. Hansen
http://www.hansenonline.net
December 31, 2004 5:36:09 PM

Jeff:

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm trying to setup the same
configuration (WRT54G, WPC54G, Win2000) and can't get past that
ErrorCode = -3 problem.

As you said, it installed the drivers for the card but I don't have the
signal monitor available to me nor am I getting a signal on my card.

thanks,
mike

--
snowdog512
December 31, 2004 9:28:09 PM

Hey,

I seemed to have overcome my problem. I posted a writeup under "Less
than Positive Experience installing Linksys WPC54G/WRT54G on Win2K
SP4."

mike

--
snowdog512