SNES game.

I remember an old space game where you fought other ships. You were
close to the screen and the enemies were farther away. Most of the
ships were the same but some things could generate ships. There were
also zones or quadrants, ranging from alpha to omega, or at least I
think it ranged that far. Can anybody tell me which game this is?
6 answers Last reply
More about snes game
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Why is a mushroom called mushroom? As usual, "Starblade Riven
    Darksquall" <Starblade13@Yahoo.com> got it all completely wrong and
    wrote:

    >I remember an old space game where you fought other ships. You were
    >close to the screen and the enemies were farther away. Most of the
    >ships were the same but some things could generate ships. There were
    >also zones or quadrants, ranging from alpha to omega, or at least I
    >think it ranged that far. Can anybody tell me which game this is?

    Didn't the Darius series have different zones ranging from alpha to
    omega?
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    I dunno. I'll go look up Darius. Are the battles as I described them?
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Starblade Riven Darksquall wrote:
    > I remember an old space game where you fought other ships. You were
    > close to the screen and the enemies were farther away. Most of the
    > ships were the same but some things could generate ships. There were
    > also zones or quadrants, ranging from alpha to omega, or at least I
    > think it ranged that far. Can anybody tell me which game this is?

    The space battles sound like Star Fox to me.

    --
    Any one who considers arithmetical methods of producing random digits
    is, of course, in a state of sin.

    wrote:

    >I dunno. I'll go look up Darius. Are the battles as I described them?

    Actually, I don't know, as I never played it on the SNES. It's just
    that the name of the zones reminded me of Darius, that's all.
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Except you don't move forward.

    Do you know of any game that does this?
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    In this game, you're basically stuck on the front of the screen
    shooting at a little guy way back. Also, there's carriers, which
    produce the ships, and this one level where there's an invisible warp
    point (Did I mention there were warp points that connected the zones?)
    that hides a zone that contains a carrier.

Console Gaming Games Video Nintendo Video Games