SNES game.

Last response: in Video Games
February 23, 2005 3:23:48 PM

I remember an old space game where you fought other ships. You were
close to the screen and the enemies were farther away. Most of the
ships were the same but some things could generate ships. There were
also zones or quadrants, ranging from alpha to omega, or at least I
think it ranged that far. Can anybody tell me which game this is?

More about : snes game

Anonymous
February 24, 2005 9:36:01 AM

Why is a mushroom called mushroom? As usual, "Starblade Riven
Darksquall" <Starblade13@Yahoo.com> got it all completely wrong and
wrote:

>I remember an old space game where you fought other ships. You were
>close to the screen and the enemies were farther away. Most of the
>ships were the same but some things could generate ships. There were
>also zones or quadrants, ranging from alpha to omega, or at least I
>think it ranged that far. Can anybody tell me which game this is?

Didn't the Darius series have different zones ranging from alpha to
omega?
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 5:24:31 PM

I dunno. I'll go look up Darius. Are the battles as I described them?
February 25, 2005 1:58:55 PM

Starblade Riven Darksquall wrote:
> I remember an old space game where you fought other ships. You were
> close to the screen and the enemies were farther away. Most of the
> ships were the same but some things could generate ships. There were
> also zones or quadrants, ranging from alpha to omega, or at least I
> think it ranged that far. Can anybody tell me which game this is?

The space battles sound like Star Fox to me.

--
Any one who considers arithmetical methods of producing random digits
is, of course, in a state of sin.

wrote:

>I dunno. I'll go look up Darius. Are the battles as I described them?

Actually, I don't know, as I never played it on the SNES. It's just
that the name of the zones reminded me of Darius, that's all.
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 4:36:38 PM

Except you don't move forward.

Do you know of any game that does this?
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 4:18:33 PM

In this game, you're basically stuck on the front of the screen
shooting at a little guy way back. Also, there's carriers, which
produce the ships, and this one level where there's an invisible warp
point (Did I mention there were warp points that connected the zones?)
that hides a zone that contains a carrier.
!