Sign in with
Your question

Morrowind with Windows 7 problem

Last response: in Windows 7
July 25, 2010 9:25:54 PM

Morrowind Problem
I have installed the game: Morrowind and its 2 extensions: Bloodmoon and Tribunal. I then installed some mods for the game. They did not work somehow so I uninstalled the game and then deleted all known traces of the game via Windows Explorer. On Windows XP this was all that was needed to start a fresh install. On Windows 7 however, I find the Data Files are still there when they shouldn't be. How do I fix this. The data Files of the game don't show the mods are there, but they appear in the TES Construction Check Box anyway. Like they have run off to hide somewhere else on the PC. Strange but true. What do I do?
a b $ Windows 7
July 25, 2010 11:00:02 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Download and use ccleaner.
m
l
August 2, 2010 8:49:56 AM

Sorry, But this has got nothing to do with the issue I submitted.
Thanks anyway.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 2, 2010 10:14:48 AM

As your problem seems to be files and registry entries left over from the previous install, I would have thought that ccleaner was exactly what you needed to use. Saint19 gave excellent advice which is worth a try.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 2, 2010 1:56:04 PM

Hmm, Morrowind runs for me under Windows 7 64-bit. I just set the compatibility mode to Windows XP for the program itself and that seemed to fix it. Now, sometimes when I exit the program, sometimes it hangs and I have to go to task manager and kill it that way. Otherwise, it runs just fine.
m
l
!