GeForce4 Ti4200

G

I have a PIII 450 384megs SDRAM. The current card i am running is a Voodoo3 3000. I am starting to run into problems with XP and certain games. So i am thinking of purchasing the GeForce4 Ti4200. From what I hear it's a great card for a reasonable price. My question is, would it be a waste to buy it with the current processor i have. Or will i still notice a great deal of difference in my gaming. The reason i ask this. Is that i cannot afford to upgrade both my cpu, motherboard and vid card etc.. at once. The problems i am running into now with my currnet vid card. Is that some new games will not work in XP. Example Jedi Knight II and Blood Omen 2. I am assuming the games are not happy with the 3rd party drivers i am using. So I was wondering what are you thoughts on running the GeForce4 Ti4200 on my current system config.

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
I'm sure you will get quite a increase in performance. Getting a Ti4200 will let you use that power later on when you upgrade your CPU/motherboard. The Ti4200 will be a great card and if you could get it under $150 a couple weeks after release, you'll be rocking. Preferably get the 128MB version and oc it 64MB RAM speeds since the newer games are going to need that extra RAM to perform AA and also to use with games like Aquanox and so forth. It will help with the nice graphics these games now use.