  • Support
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
September 15, 2005 12:58:07 PM

when I swtch my pc on windows does not start. It does not start in any of the
mode options that appears on screen.
If i use a cd to boot will I loose data?

More about : windows start

September 15, 2005 4:25:07 PM

No, unless you decide to do a clean install of XP and then you will lose
everything for it will format your harddrive.
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"theo" wrote:

> when I swtch my pc on windows does not start. It does not start in any of the
> mode options that appears on screen.
> If i use a cd to boot will I loose data?
September 15, 2005 6:53:48 PM

In news:5A8E8423-7EC0-4D6B-97C6-F77A0937AB0E@microsoft.com,
theo <theo@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> when I swtch my pc on windows does not start. It does not start in
> any of the mode options that appears on screen.
> If i use a cd to boot will I loose data?

Hopefully not. See here:

Repair Installation of XP :
http://kgiii.info/windows/XP/general/xprepair.html

Galen