Windows xp does not start

when I swtch my pc on windows does not start. It does not start in any of the
mode options that appears on screen.
If i use a cd to boot will I loose data?
2 answers Last reply
More about windows start

    No, unless you decide to do a clean install of XP and then you will lose
    everything for it will format your harddrive.
    --
    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    In news:5A8E8423-7EC0-4D6B-97C6-F77A0937AB0E@microsoft.com,
    theo <theo@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > when I swtch my pc on windows does not start. It does not start in
    > any of the mode options that appears on screen.
    > If i use a cd to boot will I loose data?

    Hopefully not. See here:

    Repair Installation of XP :
    http://kgiii.info/windows/XP/general/xprepair.html

    Galen