When playing a particular game pc reboots itself.
Event viewer shows the following error:
error code 0000009c, parameter 1 00000000, parameter 2 8054d370,
parameter 3 c47a4000, parameter 4 00000136
As this is the only game I play regularly could anyone please help. This
quite arecent problem.
Thanks

Byte

By doing a Google search, most of the errors that are the same as
yours are due to faulty RAM chips. Maybe a cleaning of your system
would help, also do a Defrag.
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"Ken W" wrote:

> When playing a particular game pc reboots itself.
> Event viewer shows the following error:
> error code 0000009c, parameter 1 00000000, parameter 2 8054d370,
> parameter 3 c47a4000, parameter 4 00000136
> As this is the only game I play regularly could anyone please help. This
> quite arecent problem.
> Thanks

Ken

What is the Event ID and Source?

Make an exact note of the precise text of any error message. Minor
discrepancies can
make it harder to search for information about the error message.

You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools,
Event Viewer.
When researching the meaning of the error, information regarding Event
ID, Source
and Description are important.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp

Part of the Description of the error will include a link, which you
should double click
for further information and you can copy using copy and paste.
http://go.microsoft.com/fw.link/events.asp
(Please note the hyperlink above is for illustration purposes only)

A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
click on the
error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button
resembling two
pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your
message
(email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the
info from the
Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make
sure this is
the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ken W" <KenW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When playing a particular game pc reboots itself.
> Event viewer shows the following error:
> error code 0000009c, parameter 1 00000000, parameter 2 8054d370,
> parameter 3 c47a4000, parameter 4 00000136
> As this is the only game I play regularly could anyone please help.
> This
> quite arecent problem.
> Thanks

Gerry ,
Thanks for your kind help.
I am quite a novice with tech nical side of pcs,
I tried to copy and paste to this reply but all it would paste was my
computer name, I right clicked and selected select all then copy and pasted
in reply box but it only pasted computer name"KEN".
What am I doing wrong?
Ken

"Gerry Cornell" wrote:

> Ken
>
> What is the Event ID and Source?
>

> Make an exact note of the precise text of any error message. Minor
> discrepancies can
> make it harder to search for information about the error message.
>
> You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools,
> Event Viewer.
> When researching the meaning of the error, information regarding Event
> ID, Source
> and Description are important.
>
> HOW TO: View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp
>
> Part of the Description of the error will include a link, which you
> should double click
> for further information and you can copy using copy and paste.
> http://go.microsoft.com/fw.link/events.asp
> (Please note the hyperlink above is for illustration purposes only)
>
> A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
> click on the
> error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button
> resembling two
> pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your
> message
> (email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the
> info from the
> Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make
> sure this is
> the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.
>

> --
>

> Hope this helps.
>
> Gerry
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> FCA
>
> Using invalid email address
>
> Stourport, Worcs, England
> Enquire, plan and execute.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Please tell the newsgroup how any
> suggested solution worked for you.
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>

> "Ken W" <KenW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When playing a particular game pc reboots itself.
> > Event viewer shows the following error:
> > error code 0000009c, parameter 1 00000000, parameter 2 8054d370,
> > parameter 3 c47a4000, parameter 4 00000136
> > As this is the only game I play regularly could anyone please help.
> > This
> > quite arecent problem.
> > Thanks

Ken

Left double click. You will not see anything except when you right click and paste into the receiving document.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ken W" <KenW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48EEE8D0-0312-4827-BB57-51A660A3BEE6@microsoft.com...
> Gerry ,
> Thanks for your kind help.
> I am quite a novice with tech nical side of pcs,
> I tried to copy and paste to this reply but all it would paste was my
> computer name, I right clicked and selected select all then copy and pasted
> in reply box but it only pasted computer name"KEN".
> What am I doing wrong?
> Ken
>

> "Gerry Cornell" wrote:
>
>> Ken
>>
>> What is the Event ID and Source?
>>

>> Make an exact note of the precise text of any error message. Minor
>> discrepancies can
>> make it harder to search for information about the error message.
>>
>> You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools,
>> Event Viewer.
>> When researching the meaning of the error, information regarding Event
>> ID, Source
>> and Description are important.
>>
>> HOW TO: View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp
>>
>> Part of the Description of the error will include a link, which you
>> should double click
>> for further information and you can copy using copy and paste.
>> http://go.microsoft.com/fw.link/events.asp
>> (Please note the hyperlink above is for illustration purposes only)
>>
>> A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
>> click on the
>> error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button
>> resembling two
>> pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your
>> message
>> (email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the
>> info from the
>> Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make
>> sure this is
>> the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.
>>

>> --
>>

>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Gerry
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> FCA
>>
>> Using invalid email address
>>
>> Stourport, Worcs, England
>> Enquire, plan and execute.
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Please tell the newsgroup how any
>> suggested solution worked for you.
>>
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>

>> "Ken W" <KenW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When playing a particular game pc reboots itself.
>> > Event viewer shows the following error:
>> > error code 0000009c, parameter 1 00000000, parameter 2 8054d370,
>> > parameter 3 c47a4000, parameter 4 00000136
>> > As this is the only game I play regularly could anyone please help.
>> > This
>> > quite arecent problem.
>> > Thanks

Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 15/09/2005
Time: 16:24:12
User: N/A
Computer: KEN
Error code 0000009c, parameter1 00000002, parameter2 8054d370, parameter3
f6002000, parameter4 0000017a.

Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 39 0000009
0020: 63 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d c Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 30 30 eters 00
0030: 30 30 30 30 30 32 2c 20 000002,
0038: 38 30 35 34 64 33 37 30 8054d370
0040: 2c 20 66 36 30 30 32 30 , f60020
0048: 30 30 2c 20 30 30 30 30 00, 0000
0050: 30 31 37 61 017a

I think I've gotit!!!
Will this help you solve my problem Gerry@
Thanks

"Gerry Cornell" wrote:

> [...]
> >>
> >> Part of the Description of the error will include a link, which you
> >> should double click
> >> for further information and you can copy using copy and paste.
> >> http://go.microsoft.com/fw.link/events.asp
> >> (Please note the hyperlink above is for illustration purposes only)
> >>
> >> A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
> >> click on the
> >> error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button
> >> resembling two
> >> pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your
> >> message
> >> (email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the
> >> info from the
> >> Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make
> >> sure this is
> >> the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.

Ken

The comments at the beginning of the link start to address your problem
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1003&eventno=1274&source=System&phase=1

Further information from Google here:
http://snipurl.com/hrn5

--