System error

When playing a particular game pc reboots itself.
Event viewer shows the following error:
error code 0000009c, parameter 1 00000000, parameter 2 8054d370,
parameter 3 c47a4000, parameter 4 00000136
As this is the only game I play regularly could anyone please help. This
quite arecent problem.
Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about system error

    By doing a Google search, most of the errors that are the same as
    yours are due to faulty RAM chips. Maybe a cleaning of your system
    would help, also do a Defrag.
    --
    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    "Ken W" wrote:

    > When playing a particular game pc reboots itself.
    > Event viewer shows the following error:
    > error code 0000009c, parameter 1 00000000, parameter 2 8054d370,
    > parameter 3 c47a4000, parameter 4 00000136
    > As this is the only game I play regularly could anyone please help. This
    > quite arecent problem.
    > Thanks

    Ken

    What is the Event ID and Source?

    Make an exact note of the precise text of any error message. Minor
    discrepancies can
    make it harder to search for information about the error message.

    You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools,
    Event Viewer.
    When researching the meaning of the error, information regarding Event
    ID, Source
    and Description are important.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp

    Part of the Description of the error will include a link, which you
    should double click
    for further information and you can copy using copy and paste.
    http://go.microsoft.com/fw.link/events.asp
    (Please note the hyperlink above is for illustration purposes only)

    A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
    click on the
    error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button
    resembling two
    pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your
    message
    (email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the
    info from the
    Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make
    sure this is
    the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Ken W" <KenW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When playing a particular game pc reboots itself.
    > Event viewer shows the following error:
    > error code 0000009c, parameter 1 00000000, parameter 2 8054d370,
    > parameter 3 c47a4000, parameter 4 00000136
    > As this is the only game I play regularly could anyone please help.
    > This
    > quite arecent problem.
    > Thanks

    Gerry ,
    Thanks for your kind help.
    I am quite a novice with tech nical side of pcs,
    I tried to copy and paste to this reply but all it would paste was my
    computer name, I right clicked and selected select all then copy and pasted
    in reply box but it only pasted computer name"KEN".
    What am I doing wrong?
    Ken

    "Gerry Cornell" wrote:

    > Ken
    >
    > What is the Event ID and Source?
    >

    > Make an exact note of the precise text of any error message. Minor
    > discrepancies can
    > make it harder to search for information about the error message.
    >
    > You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools,
    > Event Viewer.
    > When researching the meaning of the error, information regarding Event
    > ID, Source
    > and Description are important.
    >
    > HOW TO: View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp
    >
    > Part of the Description of the error will include a link, which you
    > should double click
    > for further information and you can copy using copy and paste.
    > http://go.microsoft.com/fw.link/events.asp
    > (Please note the hyperlink above is for illustration purposes only)
    >
    > A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
    > click on the
    > error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button
    > resembling two
    > pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your
    > message
    > (email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the
    > info from the
    > Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make
    > sure this is
    > the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.
    >

    > --
    >

    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > Gerry
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > FCA
    >
    > Using invalid email address
    >
    > Stourport, Worcs, England
    > Enquire, plan and execute.
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > Please tell the newsgroup how any
    > suggested solution worked for you.
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >

    > "Ken W" <KenW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > When playing a particular game pc reboots itself.
    > > Event viewer shows the following error:
    > > error code 0000009c, parameter 1 00000000, parameter 2 8054d370,
    > > parameter 3 c47a4000, parameter 4 00000136
    > > As this is the only game I play regularly could anyone please help.
    > > This
    > > quite arecent problem.
    > > Thanks

    Ken

    Left double click. You will not see anything except when you right click and paste into the receiving document.

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Ken W" <KenW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48EEE8D0-0312-4827-BB57-51A660A3BEE6@microsoft.com...
    > Gerry ,
    > Thanks for your kind help.
    > I am quite a novice with tech nical side of pcs,
    > I tried to copy and paste to this reply but all it would paste was my
    > computer name, I right clicked and selected select all then copy and pasted
    > in reply box but it only pasted computer name"KEN".
    > What am I doing wrong?
    > Ken
    >

    > "Gerry Cornell" wrote:
    >
    >> Ken
    >>
    >> What is the Event ID and Source?
    >>

    >> Make an exact note of the precise text of any error message. Minor
    >> discrepancies can
    >> make it harder to search for information about the error message.
    >>
    >> You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools,
    >> Event Viewer.
    >> When researching the meaning of the error, information regarding Event
    >> ID, Source
    >> and Description are important.
    >>
    >> HOW TO: View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp
    >>
    >> Part of the Description of the error will include a link, which you
    >> should double click
    >> for further information and you can copy using copy and paste.
    >> http://go.microsoft.com/fw.link/events.asp
    >> (Please note the hyperlink above is for illustration purposes only)
    >>
    >> A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
    >> click on the
    >> error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button
    >> resembling two
    >> pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your
    >> message
    >> (email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the
    >> info from the
    >> Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make
    >> sure this is
    >> the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.
    >>

    >> --
    >>

    >> Hope this helps.
    >>
    >> Gerry
    >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >> FCA
    >>
    >> Using invalid email address
    >>
    >> Stourport, Worcs, England
    >> Enquire, plan and execute.
    >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >> Please tell the newsgroup how any
    >> suggested solution worked for you.
    >>
    >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>
    >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >>

    >> "Ken W" <KenW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > When playing a particular game pc reboots itself.
    >> > Event viewer shows the following error:
    >> > error code 0000009c, parameter 1 00000000, parameter 2 8054d370,
    >> > parameter 3 c47a4000, parameter 4 00000136
    >> > As this is the only game I play regularly could anyone please help.
    >> > This
    >> > quite arecent problem.
    >> > Thanks

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: System Error
    Event Category: (102)
    Event ID: 1003
    Date: 15/09/2005
    Time: 16:24:12
    User: N/A
    Computer: KEN
    Error code 0000009c, parameter1 00000002, parameter2 8054d370, parameter3
    f6002000, parameter4 0000017a.

    Data:
    0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
    0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
    0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
    0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 39 0000009
    0020: 63 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d c Param
    0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 30 30 eters 00
    0030: 30 30 30 30 30 32 2c 20 000002,
    0038: 38 30 35 34 64 33 37 30 8054d370
    0040: 2c 20 66 36 30 30 32 30 , f60020
    0048: 30 30 2c 20 30 30 30 30 00, 0000
    0050: 30 31 37 61 017a

    I think I've gotit!!!
    Will this help you solve my problem Gerry@
    Thanks

    "Gerry Cornell" wrote:

> [...]
    > >>
    > >> Part of the Description of the error will include a link, which you
    > >> should double click
    > >> for further information and you can copy using copy and paste.
    > >> http://go.microsoft.com/fw.link/events.asp
    > >> (Please note the hyperlink above is for illustration purposes only)
    > >>
    > >> A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
    > >> click on the
    > >> error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button
    > >> resembling two
    > >> pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your
    > >> message
    > >> (email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the
    > >> info from the
    > >> Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make
    > >> sure this is
    > >> the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.

    Ken

    The comments at the beginning of the link start to address your problem
    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1003&eventno=1274&source=System&phase=1

    Further information from Google here:
    http://snipurl.com/hrn5

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Ken W" <KenW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DA448E8-3106-4A2A-9D09-EBF4D31A24DA@microsoft.com...
    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: System Error
    > Event Category: (102)
    > Event ID: 1003
    > Date: 15/09/2005
    > Time: 16:24:12
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: KEN
    > Error code 0000009c, parameter1 00000002, parameter2 8054d370, parameter3
    > f6002000, parameter4 0000017a.

    > Data:
    > 0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
    > 0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
    > 0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
    > 0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 39 0000009
    > 0020: 63 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d c Param
    > 0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 30 30 eters 00
    > 0030: 30 30 30 30 30 32 2c 20 000002,
    > 0038: 38 30 35 34 64 33 37 30 8054d370
    > 0040: 2c 20 66 36 30 30 32 30 , f60020
    > 0048: 30 30 2c 20 30 30 30 30 00, 0000
    > 0050: 30 31 37 61 017a
    >
    > I think I've gotit!!!
    > Will this help you solve my problem Gerry@
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Gerry Cornell" wrote:
    >
    >> Ken
    >>
    >> Left double click. You will not see anything except when you right click and paste into the receiving document.
    >>
    >> --
    >>

    >> Hope this helps.
    >>
    >> Gerry
    >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >> FCA
    >>
    >> Using invalid email address
    >>
    >> Stourport, Worcs, England
    >> Enquire, plan and execute.
    >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >> Please tell the newsgroup how any
    >> suggested solution worked for you.
    >>
    >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>
    >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >>

    >> "Ken W" <KenW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48EEE8D0-0312-4827-BB57-51A660A3BEE6@microsoft.com...
    >> > Gerry ,
    >> > Thanks for your kind help.
    >> > I am quite a novice with tech nical side of pcs,
    >> > I tried to copy and paste to this reply but all it would paste was my
    >> > computer name, I right clicked and selected select all then copy and pasted
    >> > in reply box but it only pasted computer name"KEN".
    >> > What am I doing wrong?
    >> > Ken

Event Viewer Games System Error Microsoft Windows XP