It's about the games

I've made my decision just moments ago.

I have decided that I will buy the Nintendo DS with Mario 64 DS because even
though I rarely have time for games and Sony is about to introduce the PSP,
it's really about the games.

Let's face it, all the technology in the world won't matter if you're not
having fun.

Mario is FUN. That's why, after all these years, I'm still a Mario fan.

--
I am the fish and I approve this message.
______________

    > Mario is FUN. That's why, after all these years, I'm still a Mario fan.

    I agree with you, but...what comes after Mario?
    I have the money ready. I'd like to purchase DS, I really would, but what
    other games are out there or will be comming out? I'm just not too happy
    with the DS line-up of games.

    Mario is a great game, but I've already played it to death on N64. I really
    would like something else, or better yet something new, that would be on par
    with Mario as far as quality and fun are concerned.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    x56h34 sez to fish:

    >> Mario is FUN. That's why, after
    >>all these years, I'm still a Mario fan.

    > I agree with you, but...
    > what comes after Mario?

    The DS version is the same game, but it is different enough to make it
    worthwhile.

    Listen, I still have my Super Nintendo, but over the years as I grew older,
    I stopped playing.

    One day, I woke up from a dream about a game system between the Super NES
    and the GameCube.

    Well, we both know that the system in my dream was the N64.

    I never really liked the N64 because it was too different from the norm.

    Now, almost a decade later, waken up from a dream, I knew it was impossible
    to buy a N64, so I downloaded the emulator to see IF I was still interested.

    I played for a week and I felt that the kid in me was waking up, yet I'm 39
    years old.

    Mario is NOT just a fad, it's almost like family now. Yes, Uncle Bowser,
    Brother Mario, Brother Luigi, Brother Wario and the princess girlfriend.

    > I have the money ready. I'd like to purchase DS,
    > I really would, but what other games are out
    > there or will be comming out? I'm just not too
    > happy with the DS line-up of games.

    I just bought the DS tonight. It has a calender and clock built in, so it
    can be a functional device besides a video game system. It has 2 cartridge
    slots. One for the DS exclusive games and the other for the GBA games.

    I am hoping Zelda may come out for the DS, but if it don't, I can always get
    it on the GBA cartridge.

    > Mario is a great game, but I've already played
    > it to death on N64. I really would like
    > something else, or better yet something new,
    > that would be on par with Mario as far as
    > quality and fun are concerned.

    Sonic is coming for the DS.

    Here is a list of upcoming game titles that I had printed at the store when
    I was shopping tonight:
    _____________________
    Yoshi's Touch & Go
    Pokemon Dash
    Retro Atari Classics
    Rayman
    Polarium
    Pac Pix
    Star Wars: Revent of the Sith
    Sonic
    Need for Speed: Underground 2
    Frogger
    Yu-Gi-Oh Nightmare Troubadour
    Boktai
    Super Mario Brothers
    Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
    Bomberman
    World Soccer Winning Eleven
    Metroid Prime Hunters
    Madden NFL 2006
    Castlevania
    Advance Wars
    Ultimate Pocket Games
    Ultimate Card Games
    Animal Crossing
    Mario Kart
    King Kong
    Ultimate Brain Games
    _____________________

    Now, for me, it would be nice to "try before you buy", but the only way I
    knew I was ready was by playing the N64 emulator (which gives me and
    advantage because the emulator does NOT have an analog stick, which brought
    my skills way up there in only 1 week (I have collected almost 50 stars, no
    analog)).

    However, how does one try a DS game before buying?

    You can't download an emulator because the touch screen is impossible to
    emulate.

    But if you want my opinion, give me a few days with it and post back, I will
    respond and let you know my opinion (good, bad, neutral).

    If you are a true Mario fan, you consider yourself lucky because you are
    already an expert, which will give you an advantage when playing the DS
    version.

    --
    I am the fish and I approve this message.
    ______________
    =====fish=====
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 13:28:07 -0500, "x56h34"
    <nospam984537978@fakemaildfg4.org> wrote:

    >Mario is a great game, but I've already played it to death on N64. I really
    >would like something else, or better yet something new, that would be on par
    >with Mario as far as quality and fun are concerned.

    Nintendo definitely has been rather slow on releasing DS software,
    which I think is hurting the system. There are a lot of really great
    looking games coming up, though:

    My own personal 'must purchase the day of release' is the new
    Castlevania game. If its half as good as the GBA Castlevanias, it'll
    still be great, and right now its looking a whole lot better than
    that.

    There's also a brand-new 2D Mario game coming. Not many details have
    been released about it yet, but even an extremely traditional Super
    Mario Bros. adventure would be guaranteed to be great.

    Yoshi's Touch and Go is supposed to be out on the 14th of this month.
    I'm not really sure how this game will play - it sounds like it uses
    the touchscreen as its main (only?) interface. Have to wait and see
    how that one players. Hopefully it'll turn out good, though.

    So there'll be some great games coming out. I wish they'd hurry up,
    though...

Console Gaming Games Nintendo Video Games