general purpose USB driver (adildr.sys)

Event viewer shows this message every day after loading windows xp home:-
The General Purpose USB Driver (adildr.sys) service failed to start due to
the following error: the service cannot be started, either because it is
disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

Help required please. Thanks

Byte

adildr.sys is a USB system device driver, not a WindowsXP driver.
Go to Start/Run, and type DEVMGMT.MSC , highlight the USB Hub devices,
Action menu, "Uninstall", then restart Windows, to find the
device drivers again automatically.

--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"Ken W" wrote:

> Event viewer shows this message every day after loading windows xp home:-
> The General Purpose USB Driver (adildr.sys) service failed to start due to
> the following error: the service cannot be started, either because it is
> disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
>
> Help required please. Thanks

"Ken W" <KenW@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
12453995-B42E-4B6C-B72A-AA213EBA0391@microsoft.com...
> Event viewer shows this message every day after loading windows xp
home:-
> The General Purpose USB Driver (adildr.sys) service failed to start
due
> the following error: the service cannot be started, either because it
is
> disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
>
> Help required please. Thanks

Hi Ken,

Have you installed an USB ADSL modem, which is now disconnected?

Fred

Hi Fred,
I have a Sagem 800 USB ADSL modem but it is always connected to my USB port
except when my pc is switched off. I am not always connected to th internet.
Does this help you?
Thanks, Ken