Admin Remote Control of XP

As an administrator I can RDP to an XP Pro, but this logs off the user.
Using Remote Assistance to look over someones shoulder and help them
seems overly complicated. It is so simple to Remote Control into a
Terminal Server session.

Am I missing something and/or is there an easy way for an administrator
to setup Remote Assistance to get rid of the email part?

Thanks, Alan
1 answer Last reply
More about admin remote control

    You can not Remote access a Terminal Server session and both see the same
    info. It does not appear to be designed that way. However, you can add
    software which allows yo to do this. You can buy pcAnywhere (or other
    Remote Control) or use RealVNC. However, RealVNC does not allow any files
    to be transferred.

    <alanmcf_ng@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > As an administrator I can RDP to an XP Pro, but this logs off the user.
    > Using Remote Assistance to look over someones shoulder and help them
    > seems overly complicated. It is so simple to Remote Control into a
    > Terminal Server session.
    >
    > Am I missing something and/or is there an easy way for an administrator
    > to setup Remote Assistance to get rid of the email part?
    >
    > Thanks, Alan

Microsoft Terminal Server Windows XP