Unable to rename a user account Win XP SP2

Pre SP2, we could create an account "English" than log in, and create all the
standard directories etc.

After all was done, I could rename "English" to "en" (shorter for users to
log in with).

After SP2, I click "Rename" change to "en" and it goes back to "English"

Until now I could uninstall SP2, to the change, and reinstall SP2.

Unfortunatly I have a laptop where SP2 was preinstalled, and I can not
uninstall it.

How can I change a user login name on the local machine?

T. James
wombat613@hotmail.com
1 answer Last reply
More about unable rename user account

    Hi I got a fix for you that is simple to do here is how you do it.
    go to this website it will explain and tell you what to do ok thanks.
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/userpath.htm

    --
    Reply back and let me know how it goes. Don''t forget to select yes if this
    was helpful on my post. I always like helping out people with there problems.

    Matthew Senecal

    "Wombat613" wrote:

    > Pre SP2, we could create an account "English" than log in, and create all the
    > standard directories etc.
    >
    > After all was done, I could rename "English" to "en" (shorter for users to
    > log in with).
    >
    > After SP2, I click "Rename" change to "en" and it goes back to "English"
    >
    > Until now I could uninstall SP2, to the change, and reinstall SP2.
    >
    > Unfortunatly I have a laptop where SP2 was preinstalled, and I can not
    > uninstall it.
    >
    > How can I change a user login name on the local machine?
    >
    > T. James
    > wombat613@hotmail.com

Login Windows XP