Unable to rename a user account Win XP SP2

September 15, 2005 3:14:02 PM

Pre SP2, we could create an account "English" than log in, and create all the
standard directories etc.

After all was done, I could rename "English" to "en" (shorter for users to
log in with).

After SP2, I click "Rename" change to "en" and it goes back to "English"

Until now I could uninstall SP2, to the change, and reinstall SP2.

Unfortunatly I have a laptop where SP2 was preinstalled, and I can not
uninstall it.

How can I change a user login name on the local machine?

T. James
wombat613@hotmail.com
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 5:39:05 PM

Hi I got a fix for you that is simple to do here is how you do it.
go to this website it will explain and tell you what to do ok thanks.
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/userpath.htm

--
Reply back and let me know how it goes. Don''t forget to select yes if this
was helpful on my post. I always like helping out people with there problems.

Matthew Senecal

!