Safe to upgrade from XP home to Pro?

Hi,
I have XP home with tons of software installed. I am thinking of
upgraidnt to XP pro. My question is.. will the programs/software work
semelessly after the upgrade? if not.. I will stick with the older OS.

THanks
Affan

Byte

The upgrade will not be worth it. Stick with the old one and
wait for Vista (new Windows) to come out in 2006.
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

Intiha wrote:
> Hi,
> I have XP home with tons of software installed. I am thinking of
> upgraidnt to XP pro. My question is.. will the programs/software work
> semelessly after the upgrade? if not.. I will stick with the older OS.
>

> THanks
> Affan

WinXP is designed to install and upgrade the existing operating
system while simultaneously preserving your applications and data, and
translating as many personalized settings as possible. The process is
designed to be, and normally is, quite painless. That said, things
can go wrong, in a small number of cases. If your data is at all
important to you, back it up before proceeding.

The upgrade from WinXP Home to WinXP Pro, in particular, almost
always goes smoothly, as both operating systems use the same kernel.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm