Safe to upgrade from XP home to Pro?

Hi,
I have XP home with tons of software installed. I am thinking of
upgraidnt to XP pro. My question is.. will the programs/software work
semelessly after the upgrade? if not.. I will stick with the older OS.

THanks
Affan
2 answers Last reply
More about safe upgrade home

    The upgrade will not be worth it. Stick with the old one and
    wait for Vista (new Windows) to come out in 2006.
    --
    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    Intiha wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have XP home with tons of software installed. I am thinking of
    > upgraidnt to XP pro. My question is.. will the programs/software work
    > semelessly after the upgrade? if not.. I will stick with the older OS.
    >

    > THanks
    > Affan

    WinXP is designed to install and upgrade the existing operating
    system while simultaneously preserving your applications and data, and
    translating as many personalized settings as possible. The process is
    designed to be, and normally is, quite painless. That said, things
    can go wrong, in a small number of cases. If your data is at all
    important to you, back it up before proceeding.

    The upgrade from WinXP Home to WinXP Pro, in particular, almost
    always goes smoothly, as both operating systems use the same kernel.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm