AGP illiterate needs help

G

This is probably going to sound stupid, but any help would be nice.
Anyway, i was looking at buying a Leadtek GF4 ti4400 and i noticed that it said AGP 4x/2x. My current computer only has an AGP 2x slot (i know, its almost 3 years old) and i wanted to know wether or not it could run a GF4.
Thanx ahead of time for helping the AGP illiterate.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
It probably could but it would probably perform so poorly, you'll feel like you threw over $200 USD in the garbage assuming you also have a very slow processor. What processor are you using?

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

DDR64

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2002
Oh yes, I wouldn't go for G4 unless I have the fastest P4 or Athlon available. Video card is not independent from the CPU. CPU send geometry data(vertices of polygon that make up 3D shape) to the video card so when CPU is too slow so as to become the bottleneck of the whole thing, your video card will work only as fast as your CPU even though it can do more processing. 500MHz processor will use less than half of a card like G2Ti's full capacity. so, pairing it with G4Ti would be horrifying idea as you'll be burning money.