DS game wish list

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

With rumours of Age of Empires and Europa Universalis 2 in the pipeline,
what PC games(if any) would you like to see ported over to the DS?
For me it would have to be Settlers 2(oh yeah!), but it ain't gonna happen!
Transport Tycoon Deluxe(same comment!).
Civ 2(or 3 if it could handle it)
A proper Sims game.
A Dungeon Keeper/Stronghold/Total War type of game(a medievil/fantasy
city/nation-builder).
Diablo/Neverwinter Nights type of RPG.
A very decent point+click adventure game(Broken Sword/Gabriel Knight/Monkey
Island/Grim Fandango etc etc).
A flight sim along the lines of Crimson Skies or Ace Combat.
Theme Park/RCT(Zoo Tycoon is in the pipeline).
Medal of Honour(the original PS1 game).
Some decent WW2 games(Silent Storm, Sudden Strike etc).

There's a danger that there wouldn't be enough depth because of the memory
limitations of the DS Cart, but I've read talk of them being able to cram
more memory into them.

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"Aquila" <Aquila@Aquila.net> wrote in message

> A very decent point+click adventure game(Broken Sword/Gabriel
> Knight/Monkey Island/Grim Fandango etc etc).

Look forward to the eventual release of Another Code

Aquila wrote:
> With rumours of Age of Empires and Europa Universalis 2 in the
> pipeline, what PC games(if any) would you like to see ported over to
> the DS?
> For me it would have to be Settlers 2(oh yeah!), but it ain't gonna
> happen! Transport Tycoon Deluxe(same comment!).
> Civ 2(or 3 if it could handle it)
> A proper Sims game.
> A Dungeon Keeper/Stronghold/Total War type of game(a medievil/fantasy
> city/nation-builder).
> Diablo/Neverwinter Nights type of RPG.
> A very decent point+click adventure game(Broken Sword/Gabriel
> Knight/Monkey Island/Grim Fandango etc etc).
> A flight sim along the lines of Crimson Skies or Ace Combat.
> Theme Park/RCT(Zoo Tycoon is in the pipeline).
> Medal of Honour(the original PS1 game).
> Some decent WW2 games(Silent Storm, Sudden Strike etc).
>
> There's a danger that there wouldn't be enough depth because of the
> memory limitations of the DS Cart, but I've read talk of them being
> able to cram more memory into them.

What is the maximum capacity of a DS card?

Anyway:

Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC version)
Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC version)
Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC version)
Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC version)
Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC version)
Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC version)
Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC version)
Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC version)
Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC version)
Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC version)

Erm, I think I want Lemmings...

Ok, being silly there - besides Lemmings:

Monkey Island 1&2
Day of the Tentacle
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Settlers 2
Frontier: Elite II
Cannon Fodder (complete with "War" music)

Paul.

Am Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:41:30 +0000 schrieb Aquila:

> ith rumours of Age of Empires and Europa Universalis 2 in the pipeline,
> what PC games(if any) would you like to see ported over to the DS?

Oldies, but goldies...

Panzer General

Battle Isle

Manic Mansion

Monkey Island

Bard´s tale

civilisation

--
Cya
Fred Robin.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

"Paul Evans" <uknorthernerSPAMMEANDDIEYOULOWLIFESCUM2000@hotmail.com> wrote
in news:396dubF54dukjU1@individual.net:

> Lemmings

Owned by Sony, though, isn't it? So unlikely to get a DS release.

Aquila wrote:
> With rumours of Age of Empires and Europa Universalis 2 in the pipeline,
> what PC games(if any) would you like to see ported over to the DS?

This made me think of something else; I think Silent Scope, in the hands
of an imaginative developer, could work rather well on the DS; the touch
screen could be the overall view, with the top screen being the view
through the scope.

-Matt

James Sutherland wrote:
> "Paul Evans" <uknorthernerSPAMMEANDDIEYOULOWLIFESCUM2000@hotmail.com> wrote
> in news:396dubF54dukjU1@individual.net:
>

>>Lemmings
>

> Owned by Sony, though, isn't it? So unlikely to get a DS release.

Sony bought Psygnosis around the time of the PlayStation launch, but I
think they sold them again a couple of years later. *shrugs*

--
-Colonel Red-
My eBay listings: http://tinyurl.com/2uod6

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

Colonel Red <colonel_redSPAMTRAP@hotmail.com> wrote in

> James Sutherland wrote:
>> "Paul Evans" <uknorthernerSPAMMEANDDIEYOULOWLIFESCUM2000@hotmail.com>
>> wrote in news:396dubF54dukjU1@individual.net:
>>

>>>Lemmings
>>

>> Owned by Sony, though, isn't it? So unlikely to get a DS release.
>
> Sony bought Psygnosis around the time of the PlayStation launch, but I
> think they sold them again a couple of years later. *shrugs*

I thought they just stopped using the name? Not totally sure, though.
They still seem to own Wipeout and Destruction Derby, which were Psygnosis
games originally, I think? And psygnosis.com points to a Sony site, too.

in message news:396dubF54dukjU1@individual.net...
> Aquila wrote:
>> With rumours of Age of Empires and Europa Universalis 2 in the
>> pipeline, what PC games(if any) would you like to see ported over to
>> the DS?
>> For me it would have to be Settlers 2(oh yeah!), but it ain't gonna
>> happen! Transport Tycoon Deluxe(same comment!).
>> Civ 2(or 3 if it could handle it)
>> A proper Sims game.
>> A Dungeon Keeper/Stronghold/Total War type of game(a medievil/fantasy
>> city/nation-builder).
>> Diablo/Neverwinter Nights type of RPG.
>> A very decent point+click adventure game(Broken Sword/Gabriel
>> Knight/Monkey Island/Grim Fandango etc etc).
>> A flight sim along the lines of Crimson Skies or Ace Combat.
>> Theme Park/RCT(Zoo Tycoon is in the pipeline).
>> Medal of Honour(the original PS1 game).
>> Some decent WW2 games(Silent Storm, Sudden Strike etc).
>>
>> There's a danger that there wouldn't be enough depth because of the
>> memory limitations of the DS Cart, but I've read talk of them being
>> able to cram more memory into them.
>
> What is the maximum capacity of a DS card?
>
> Anyway:
>
> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC
> version)
> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC
> version)
> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC
> version)
> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC
> version)
> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC
> version)
> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC
> version)
> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC
> version)
> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC
> version)
> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC
> version)
> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC
> version)
>
> Erm, I think I want Lemmings...
>
> Ok, being silly there - besides Lemmings:
>
> Monkey Island 1&2
> Day of the Tentacle
> Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
> Settlers 2
> Frontier: Elite II
> Cannon Fodder (complete with "War" music)
>
> Paul.

Good choice. I would also say Lemmings:the Tribes.
At the moment the capacity of a DS card is a gigabit(128MB).
But you can get mem cards of that size with a 'proper' Gig in them(but
they're very expensive).

James Sutherland wrote:
> Colonel Red <colonel_redSPAMTRAP@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> James Sutherland wrote:
>>> "Paul Evans"
>>> <uknorthernerSPAMMEANDDIEYOULOWLIFESCUM2000@hotmail.com> wrote in

>>> Owned by Sony, though, isn't it? So unlikely to get a DS release.
>>
>> Sony bought Psygnosis around the time of the PlayStation launch, but
>> I think they sold them again a couple of years later. *shrugs*
>
> I thought they just stopped using the name? Not totally sure, though.
> They still seem to own Wipeout and Destruction Derby, which were
> Psygnosis games originally, I think? And psygnosis.com points to a
> Sony site, too.

But wasn't Lemmings a DMA Design (aka Rockstar North) game?

Paul.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:09:39 -0000, "Paul Evans"
<uknorthernerSPAMMEANDDIEYOULOWLIFESCUM2000@hotmail.com> wrote:

>James Sutherland wrote:
>> Colonel Red <colonel_redSPAMTRAP@hotmail.com> wrote in

>>> Sony bought Psygnosis around the time of the PlayStation launch, but
>>> I think they sold them again a couple of years later. *shrugs*
>>
>> I thought they just stopped using the name? Not totally sure, though.
>> They still seem to own Wipeout and Destruction Derby, which were
>> Psygnosis games originally, I think? And psygnosis.com points to a
>> Sony site, too.
>
>But wasn't Lemmings a DMA Design (aka Rockstar North) game?
>
>Paul.

yup, it was indeed, was only published by psygnosis, who were bought
by sony, but then disbanded, but then kinda reborn as studio
Liverpool, with a lot of the ex-psygnosis staff.

not too sure who owns the lemmings license these days, but afaik its
not sony.
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

Chris F <chris@asif.com> wrote in news:bl9s211kr5llh3jqtebg508e5iep9jcpus@
4ax.com:

> yup, it was indeed, was only published by psygnosis, who were bought
> by sony, but then disbanded, but then kinda reborn as studio
> Liverpool, with a lot of the ex-psygnosis staff.

I thought Psygnosis owned Lemmings though? They did Lemmings 3D and
Lemmings Paintball, for example, which didn't have anything to do with DMA
as far as I know, and there was that PS1 port of Lemmings from Sony Europe
which was long after DMA and Psygnosis had parted company. Sony were also
doing that Lemmings Revolution game a few years ago, too.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

"Aquila" <Aquila@Aquila.net> wrote in message

What about some sort of Pictionary-type game? I'm not sure how well it would
work for a single-player option, but multiplayer would be pretty cool.
Drawing using the stylus is pretty obvious, but you could choose to have an
onscreen keyboard for typing in answers, or you could allow players to shout
out answers if the software allowed for a judge to decide when someone got
it right.

--
figmentPez

Aquila wrote:
> "Paul Evans" <uknorthernerSPAMMEANDDIEYOULOWLIFESCUM2000@hotmail.com>
> wrote in message news:396dubF54dukjU1@individual.net...
>> Aquila wrote:
>>> With rumours of Age of Empires and Europa Universalis 2 in the
>>> pipeline, what PC games(if any) would you like to see ported over to
>>> the DS?
>>> For me it would have to be Settlers 2(oh yeah!), but it ain't gonna
>>> happen! Transport Tycoon Deluxe(same comment!).
>>> Civ 2(or 3 if it could handle it)
>>> A proper Sims game.
>>> A Dungeon Keeper/Stronghold/Total War type of game(a
>>> medievil/fantasy city/nation-builder).
>>> Diablo/Neverwinter Nights type of RPG.
>>> A very decent point+click adventure game(Broken Sword/Gabriel
>>> Knight/Monkey Island/Grim Fandango etc etc).
>>> A flight sim along the lines of Crimson Skies or Ace Combat.
>>> Theme Park/RCT(Zoo Tycoon is in the pipeline).
>>> Medal of Honour(the original PS1 game).
>>> Some decent WW2 games(Silent Storm, Sudden Strike etc).
>>>
>>> There's a danger that there wouldn't be enough depth because of the
>>> memory limitations of the DS Cart, but I've read talk of them being
>>> able to cram more memory into them.
>>
>> What is the maximum capacity of a DS card?
>>
>> Anyway:
>>
>> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC
>> version)
>> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC
>> version)
>> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC
>> version)
>> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC
>> version)
>> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC
>> version)
>> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC
>> version)
>> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC
>> version)
>> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC
>> version)
>> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC
>> version)
>> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC
>> version)
>>
>> Erm, I think I want Lemmings...
>>
>> Ok, being silly there - besides Lemmings:
>>
>> Monkey Island 1&2
>> Day of the Tentacle
>> Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
>> Settlers 2
>> Frontier: Elite II
>> Cannon Fodder (complete with "War" music)
>>
>> Paul.
>>

> Good choice. I would also say Lemmings:the Tribes.
> At the moment the capacity of a DS card is a gigabit(128MB).
> But you can get mem cards of that size with a 'proper' Gig in them(but
> they're very expensive).

Lemmings: The Tribes was very good too. 128MB would certainly be enough for all
those games listed above, even with 256-colour graphics although I would imagine
that the speech would have to be dropped from DOTT.

Am I right in assuming the DS can take regular SD cards, or is that something
I've got confused with that movie player add-on in Japan?

Paul.

James Sutherland wrote:
> Chris F <chris@asif.com> wrote in
> news:bl9s211kr5llh3jqtebg508e5iep9jcpus@ 4ax.com:
>
>> yup, it was indeed, was only published by psygnosis, who were bought
>> by sony, but then disbanded, but then kinda reborn as studio
>> Liverpool, with a lot of the ex-psygnosis staff.
>
> I thought Psygnosis owned Lemmings though? They did Lemmings 3D and
> Lemmings Paintball, for example, which didn't have anything to do
> with DMA as far as I know, and there was that PS1 port of Lemmings
> from Sony Europe which was long after DMA and Psygnosis had parted
> company. Sony were also doing that Lemmings Revolution game a few
> years ago, too.

It would be a shame if Sony do own the rights to Lemmings because no version of
it would ever make it onto the DS (Then again, it's probably unlikely a version
would be ported anyway - it isn't a Nintendo cash cow). The only other
possibility of getting 'authentic' Lemmings on there would be for a homebrew
Amiga emulator to be written for the DS which could then run the disk images.
From what I've seen of the DS, there is a lot of potential there for homebrew
projects.

Paul.

figmentPez wrote:
> "Aquila" <Aquila@Aquila.net> wrote in message
>
> What about some sort of Pictionary-type game? I'm not sure how well
> it would work for a single-player option, but multiplayer would be
> pretty cool. Drawing using the stylus is pretty obvious, but you
> could choose to have an onscreen keyboard for typing in answers, or
> you could allow players to shout out answers if the software allowed
> for a judge to decide when someone got it right.

WIth the wireless capabilities of the DS, that would be a pretty good idea. It
would certainly go a lot further than noughts and crosses in Pictochat! ;-)

It could be that the most simplest of games will end up utilising the DS's
capabilities the most.

Paul.

Nathan

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

If man is the father, the son is the center of the earth in the middle
of the universe, then why is Paul Evans's verse coming six times
rehearsed?

> Am I right in assuming the DS can take regular SD cards, or is that
> something I've got confused with that movie player add-on in Japan?

Yeah, it is. And technically it's not a "DS" movie player add on thing,
because it works on the GBA as well, but obviously that means the DS too.
So it is. And isn't. You get me.

--
Nathan.
Bow to the Cow!

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

1. I'd like to see Red Alert2, AOE2, Starcraft, Warcratf 2 or 3 :)
2. Bomberman- I'd like to see the 3 n64 bomberman games again but this
time with better multiplayer and in the case of the other 2 actual
multiplayer would be a good start.
3. Castlevania the new one looks sweeet I love how they implemented the
stylus.
4. Gaunlet Legends would be good too its a nice simple multiplayer game.
5. Mr Driller- I really dig it.
6. Blast Corps- The 1st and one of the best N64 games I hope they port it
across to DS.
7. The last two are must haves for any owner of a DS "Mario Kart" and
whos collection would be complete with out the new version of of "Super
Mario Brothers"

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

"Aquila" <Aquila@Aquila.net> wrote in news:etlXd.417$Gz.76@newsfe1-
gui.ntli.net:

> Civ 2(or 3 if it could handle it)

Civ 2 on the DS would be absolutely brilliant. An X-COM game would be good
too, but Infogrames seem to have dropped the franchise these days.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

x-no-archive: yes
James Sutherland wrote: news:Xns9613D21845281jamesguybrushdemonco@212.159.2.87

> "Paul Evans" <uknorthernerSPAMMEANDDIEYOULOWLIFESCUM2000@hotmail.com> wrote
> in news:396dubF54dukjU1@individual.net:
>
>> Lemmings
>
> Owned by Sony, though, isn't it? So unlikely to get a DS release.

That hasn't stopped Microsoft-owned Rare developing GBA games.

Nathan

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

If man is the father, the son is the center of the earth in the middle of
the universe, then why is 100 Coin's verse coming six times rehearsed?

>> Owned by Sony, though, isn't it? So unlikely to get a DS release.
>
> That hasn't stopped Microsoft-owned Rare developing GBA games.

Difference is though, MS aren't competing with Nintendo with a handheld, so
GBA games don't really have any bearing on Xbox sales, unlike Gamecube or
PS2 games.

DS games on the other hand will have some bearing on PSP sales. How much,
no-one knows.

Besides, Rare can develop GBA games simply because that was probably "part
of the deal" when they were bought. I wonder if there are other MS owned
companies which would get told off if they even tried developing GBA games.

--
Nathan.
Bow to the Cow!

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC version)
> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC version)
> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC version)
> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC version)
> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC version)
> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC version)
> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC version)
> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC version)
> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC version)
> Lemmings (Amiga version with the proper music, not the dreadful PC version)
>
> Erm, I think I want Lemmings...

There's a superb touch-screen unofficial port of Lemmings available for
Symbian UIQ (Sony Ericsson P800/P900/P910, Motorolla A1000 etc). It
looks and plays just like the Amiga version.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

Diablo
Diablo 2
Warcraft
Starcraft
Combat Flight Simulator
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Worms (a good port)
Ultima
Command and Conquer
Duke Nukem 3D
Zork
Pirates

Just to name a few

AceoHearts

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

In message <mFJ%d.150459$nC5.83510@twister.nyroc.rr.com>, AceoHearts
<bhoran@twcny.rr.com> writes

[snip]

>Worms (a good port)

On a wireless link up with others, would just be the best. None of the
fancy 3D ones either, just a straight port of the old Atari ST/Amiga
version would do me.
--
FatHippy
'Poking death in the face with a big stick and then running away'

Aquila wrote:
> With rumours of Age of Empires and Europa Universalis 2 in the
> pipeline, what PC games(if any) would you like to see ported over to
> the DS?

The "don't cross post between alt.* and uk.games.video* game".

I don't really want ports. I'm most looking forward to BBCT DS, which I've
just heard has had its full name announced as Bungo Bungo Cat Throw: Double
Scratch!! (yes, with two exclamation marks, and everything). I think this
could be an excellent use of the touch screen.

Tim (tm)
--
tim at economic-truth.co.uk Xbox Live gamertag: Xexyz
http://www.economic-truth.co.uk - the students' economics resource