Hi, everyone.

This may not be the best place to ask this question, since it is
hardware related, but I was unable to find the correct hardware
newsgroup in the few minutes I have right now, and there is an OS
aspect to the problem. I'm hopeful that someone might be able to
help me.

I have an old 64MB Micro Advantage QuickiDrive that has worked
well for me. However, I just started a new part-time job
(teaching computer classes in an elementary school) and they have
their PCs locked down tightly; I have no administrative
privileges.

I took me USB drive in and was able to access it without
problems. However I noticed that I did not have a "Safely Remove
Hardware" icon. Not knowing what else to do, when I was done, I
just removed the device.

Now, when I plug it in at home, absolutely nothing happens. The
light doesn't come on and the drive is not listed in Explorer.

Is my USB drive dead? Does anyone know how I might be able to
access it? What should I have done in this situation? Is there a
safer way that I could have removed it?

Thanks in advance for your help....

--
Keith Russell
--

It should work just fine I always just unplug it are replug it in may
computers even if I am not admin priviliges on the computers I access. Just

Matthew Senecal