jpl355

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2002
i have a problem with my new computer that just arrived yesterday. first of all this is my computer specs:
Amd athlon xp 2100 (standard 300W Power supply)
512 ddr sdram
60gb hhd
Gigabyte GA-7DXR mobo.
Nvidia Geforce4 Ti 4400
Digital Research CDRW 24x10x40
Audigy soundcard
XP Professional
KDS monitor

my problem is that my computer keeps on crashing when i try to use several applications at the same time. and, when i ran the computer on safe mode, a window popped up, stating what the probable cause of the system instability. The message was:
"The driver for the display devices was unable to complete a drawing operation. Please check with the device manufacturer for a driver update."
"The display driver for Nvidia Geforce Ti 4400 seems to be responsible for the system instability"

what can i do to fix this problem? I'd appreciate any suggestion on how to solve this problem.

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
When you say crash, do you mean bluescreen, computer turns off or something like that?
If it turns itself off it might have something to do with the temperature of your CPU.
Other than that, try to reinstall your drivers for the graphicscard.

<font color=blue>Be yourself, do whatever <font color=red>you</font color=red> like</font color=blue> (Not at my expense though)

jpl355

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2002
the computer just turns off. and i did reinstall the nvidia driver. still, nothing changed. it still crashed

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
That powersupply you have might be causing the trouble.

Try to run the computer without any "uneccessary" components such as Cd, soundcard etc.

Sorry if I can´t be of more help, stay tuned and wait for someone else to drop by and give you some good tips before you start messing with it!
It might be something very simple (usually it is) that I didn´t think of.

<font color=blue>Be yourself, do whatever <font color=red>you</font color=red> like</font color=blue> (Not at my expense though)

bdaley

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
That seems like a wimpy PS for that setup. I would think they would have sold it to you with at least a 350W PS. 400W would be better.

Where did you buy it from? Maybe they'll let you "trade in" the 300W for a better one?

"There's no such thing as gravity, the Earth just sucks."

jpl355

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2002
the power supply is fine. now, i just found out that the "Raid Controller was not digitally signed" (i was in the safe mode when a hardware installation popped up to allow me to install the Driver, i think, but then it wasn't able to install because of the Raid controller). have any idea what it means, and/or solutions in solving this problem?