Zelda Wind Waker : finding Makar

I'm having a problem with finding Makar to enable him to be a Sage. I've got
the appropriate wind song, and gone back to Forest Haven and swung into that
little cave under the waterfall, but Makar's not there. What else do I need
to do to get him to appear? The Great Deku Tree says that looking for him is
pointless.
4 answers Last reply
More about zelda wind waker finding makar
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    www.gamefaqs.com

    --

  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Jacob Oost" <zork@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
    > John wrote:
    >> I'm having a problem with finding Makar to enable him to be a Sage. I've
    >> got the appropriate wind song, and gone back to Forest Haven and swung
    >> into that little cave under the waterfall, but Makar's not there. What
    >> else do I need to do to get him to appear? The Great Deku Tree says that
    >> looking for him is pointless.
    >>

    > www.gamefaqs.com

    You think?

    I've been there. I've found the issue not explicitly mentioned in most of
    the guides, which is that you have to do the Earth Sage before the Wind Sage
    (for no apparent reason).
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "John" <junk@junk.com> wrote in message

    > "Jacob Oost" <zork@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
    >> John wrote:
    >>> I'm having a problem with finding Makar to enable him to be a Sage. I've
    >>> got the appropriate wind song, and gone back to Forest Haven and swung
    >>> into that little cave under the waterfall, but Makar's not there. What
    >>> else do I need to do to get him to appear? The Great Deku Tree says that
    >>> looking for him is pointless.
    >>>

    >> www.gamefaqs.com
    >>

    > You think?
    >
    > I've been there. I've found the issue not explicitly mentioned in most of
    > the guides, which is that you have to do the Earth Sage before the Wind
    > Sage (for no apparent reason).

    You're right, no other than that the game reqires it, but all the in game
    hints tell you to seek out the Earth Sage first. If you talk to the King of
    Red Lions he'll tell you to find the Earth Sage, IIRC.

    --
    figmentPez
  4. He is under the right waterfall :bounce:

Console Gaming Video Games